Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Good morning, although here it’s nearly afternoon. I envy your sunshine, it’s still very cloudy here after yesterday’s torrential rain! :umbrella::unamused:

Good morning all, another beautiful warm sunny day here.
I think its sunbathing day for me today.
Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
So far it looks like another nice day.
I have an appointment at 0930 at the local Scrivens for an annual hearing checkup. (They do NHS). But I bought the present hearing aid private.
Later as usual for Friday, it is lunch and a bit of shopping at Morrisons. Then this evening dinner at my daughter’s.

Morning all.

Just waiting for my clothes wash to finish, get that hung up in the garden, then will go off to the retail park, stock up on ice cream and fresh veg. Yay!

Good morning all, its foggy here.

Meeting my friend in Town this morning.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Enjoy your meet up, Susie. Were you able to see the northern lights from your location, last night? It was supposedly a spectacular display. I popped out about 10, leaving a confused dog indoors, but never captured anything. Photos on FB were stunning. I was amazed at how quickly the fog came down.

I am supposed to be at my surgery for a 12.41 appt for my Covid booster but I had a missed call about 5.45pm, re my Covid vac, asking me to call them back. Pffft. I was only a few minutes behind but their phone lines were then closed. I now have no idea if this appt is going ahead, as I never got a follow up message.

I will go anyway, then visit my sister’s house, check leccy meter, post, and maybe do a shop in Aldi and Tesco.

Good morning all.
There were a few people in my road that saw the ‘northern lights’ and managed to get some photos of them, and posted them on our WhatsApp group for our road. Interesting that they were seen so far south. (North east London). It was late at midnight and I was in bed asleep.
It’s overcast here at the moment.

1 Like

Now sitting in my pharmacy for my repeat meds to be made up. So crowded it’s silly.

I took my prescription list to the chemist last Saturday. (Morrisons) I went yesterday to pick them up. 1pm. They did a check and told me that the surgery had not sent the reply. I phoned the surgery and asked them why.
I went back at 5pm to the chemist and again they checked, and they said the surgery had just sent the approval. Be ready today. (I hope).

And annoyed to see the one I wanted hasn’t been included - omezaprole - (I need to phone at 8am one day to ask for a GP call back to request it is issued), and they gave me an item I have a load of and haven’t been taking - calci D chew. I did a custom request on the online form and didn’t ask for it. Grrrr.

I had to wait for it to be made up.

I didn’t think it would be possible to see the Northern lights from Italy but many people managed to see them last night from all over the country, even from the South where I am! An exceptional case, obviously, and there’s a possibility of seeing them again tonight, so this time I may venture out at 10pm and go up to our terrace which faces North to hopefully get a view.
I used to live in North London by the way. :slightly_smiling_face:
I used to live in North London @Emjay

Sorry for the repetition, my tablet is going crazy, perhaps it’s the interference from the aurora borealis in the atmosphere? :smiley:

1 Like

Great :slight_smile: it’s not overcast here today :sunny: :sunglasses:

1 Like

No didn’t see the Northern Lights Janet.

Enjoyed my time with my friend though, lots of gossip from work days.

1 Like

Morning all.

No aurora last night but maybe this evening. I walked the dog to where we can look out to sea, but of course nothing was happening.

Changing bed linen today, if Holly lets me. And doing a roast for lunch.

While that is cooking, dog and me will pop into the shop to see our neighbour, after she starts her long shift. It started off with us popping in occasionally, now my neighbour expects it.

Good morning all, another beautiful sunny morning here.

No plans for today.

Have a nice day all.

1 Like

Good morning everyone, sunny day, cool but should warm up. It’s Mother’s Day here, so I’m having my elderly parents round for lunch. I’ll try and cook something a little special like tagliatelle with bolonaise sauce, followed by steak and salad.

Have a good Sunday all.

Good morning all
No northern lights seen here, but I was not going to stay up just to see what I have seen in the past,.
I did go for an early stroll around the fields.
Fool me, I only had my trainers on and the grass was wet. So was my feet and socks.
Nothing planed for today, if the chemist is open in Morrison I might go see if my meds are ready.
They are not urgent, as I always put in the prescriptions early, so I still have enough for the week.

Good morning all, beautiful sunshine here this morning.

Off out to do our weekly shopping at 7.45am.

I think its time for a spot of sunbathing today.

Janet, what’s on your agenda for today?

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Susie, catching the bus into town this morning. I want the library. Might also look in M&S food hall, and B&M.

If it’s quiet out the back, I could sit out in the sun with a book. Incredibly noisy at the weekend, with everyone home.