Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

I’m an ex North Londoner.

Hi Rose,

I’m an Eastender Cockney girl from Dalston. N1.

1 Like

Hello. Some cousins of mine used to live near there, My borough was Islington.

Eastenders was my favorite TV series right until I left London in early 90s. Who can ever forget Dirty Den and Ang!

Good morning all, sunny at the moment, but for how long.

Off into Gorleston this morning food shopping.

Rose my Husband comes from Stoke Newington Jews Island.

Have a nice day all.

1 Like

Morning all.

Sun is shining. Hope it is warm out there.

1 Like

Good morning all.
Sunny but cold out.
I just had to move some timber from the back garden into the garage. That’s how I know it is cold out.
Off to the Wednesday AgeUK this morning.
I am still a Londoner as lived as a child in South Tottenham. I now live in Chingford.
Susie. I have never heard of ‘Jews island’. A bit further north in Stamford hill and surrounding area is where the Orthodox Jews live. I suppose it is part of Stoke Newington.

Yes Emjay, Stoke newington and Stamford Hill are Orthodox Jews, we got on really well with them.
They called it Jews Island because that’s where they all lived, it was actually called Queen Elizabeth Walk. My MIL was a School Cook at Abadore Jewish School.

Morning folks.

I ended up doing housework yesterday so shall do the shopping trip today. Up to The Range, maybe M&S food hall. And if near lunchtime, into Toby on the way home for a takeaway of loaded roasts and macaroni cheese, for lunch.

Good morning all.
Blue sky, sunshine, but cold.
Just did a walk around the fields.
My cleaning lady comes this morning, and after that?
Lunch is going to be a chopped liver sandwich with pickled cucumber.
The chopped liver is from her down the road that I take to the Wednesday club. She buys it in bulk from Costco.

Good morning all, sun is shining bright but only 7c degrees.
Nothing planned for the day.
Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Didn’t quite go where I had originally planned. Just town, into the over 60s club to say hello to my friends. Didn’t stop long. Library, Greggs for a pastry and hot drink. M&S.

On to the retail park, and in Lidl got myself a couple of raised planters on legs, that I will need to assemble. I am not going to fill them with compost, but will insert pots or flower buckets to hold the soil and whatever will be planted into them. They are made of some kind of metal/steel. I had originally looked at the plastic ones, with lids. Hoping these will be more stable and last longer. I used the money that I’d made from selling off items recently.

No other specific plans for today.

Morning all, no plans for today.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Cold, overcast, and looks like rain anytime now.
I suppose it could be an usual Friday. That means lunch at Morrisons and then later dinner at my daughter’s.
I have ordered and payed for some orchid seeds on line. They are called ‘Monkey faced orchids’. They are very strange and I just hope that I will be able to get them to grow. The ready grown plants, are very expensive.

Good luck with the seeds, Emjay. Yes, orchids are expensive.

Allotment friend just phoned as I’d texted her about the planters. She has some good ideas, which I will try out. Like using plastic storage boxes with lids to hold pots for growing. I said once I get one planter assembled I will know what size to go for. I also still have the mini greenhouse, with an unusable cover, so some boxes can go on the shelves. I see another shopping spree coming up!

The local council changed from using recycling boxes to all wheely bins. So there are three boxes which we have used for planting up - some with strawberries.

1 Like

Had a right struggle putting a planter together.

Fiddly
Needs two people
Needs a lot of swearing
The screws are tiny
Everything drops out of hands onto the floor
Hands get tired and sore
And finally, do not assemble indoors where it is then a struggle to get past obstacles and corners to the back door

Might seek some help with the other one

If you assemble outside, maybe spread a sheet of plastic out as those tiny dropped screws will find the crack between the patio slabs resulting in more swearing!

1 Like

Or roll away somewhere undetectable!! :roll_eyes:

Hi Thread, Sister gets married tomorrow, but we can’t go. Came down with a spring Cold.
Tested negative for the Covid’s but don’t wanna spread germs to the Elderly Grams there. Will
Take them out to a nice dinner later this summer.

Keeping screws and stuff in a Saucer for easy retrieval is always a great plan. Magnet on screwdriver is great also.

Good morning all, was raining very early this morning, stopped now, but its very, very cold and windy outside at 6c.

Off into Town early this morning.

Have a nice day all.