Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Hi, I’ve just recently joined, good morning to you too.
It’s bright and sunny here too, we should reach high temperatures again like yesterday, about 26/27C.

Morning all.

Everyone welcome, Rose. Not many of us post on this thread.

Going round to check on my sister’s house this morning, see what post there is. Into Aldi on the way, might get some compost to start off in the garden. Lunch, then take Holly into the card shop to say hello to our friend/neighbour. We usually have a good chat.

Nothing else planned.

Good morning all.
It was a :hot_face:day yesterday, but don’t be fooled as it is not the same today. Just back from my morning stroll and it’s :cold_face: not so warm.
I have an invite for tea and natter from her down the road this afternoon. I do buy something to take. Yesterday I bought a cheesecake from Iceland. I am having second thoughts about taking that, as it is one of my favourites.

Welcome aboard Rose.

Can anyone tell me what’s the difference is between a USB Stick and UFD Stick.

I burned CDs onto my UFD Stick, but it doesn’t [play on my Record Player, but it does in the Car.

From what I can Google, it is just another acronym for USB, Universal Serial Bus. I followed your example and put CDs onto mine, and it plays well in both the car and my portable player, which has a USB port.

Does your record player have a source button/switch? What happens when you plug it in?

Yes, its got a button to switch on, then source for what you want.

Good morning all, a bit dull here at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing all the workmen today doing nothing as per usual.

Have a nice day all.

1 Like

Good morning.

Not sure whether to dodge the rain to get my leeks from the allotment, or just not bother?? I’ll see. Should have gone yesterday when it was nice.

No specific plans.

1 Like

Good morning everyone, overcast here at the moment, sun should come out soon, hopefully, rain wasn’t forecast until Wednesday :thinking:.

Apologies if I didn’t thank you all for welcoming me, I’m still finding my way around here!

Good morning all.
Sun shine, cloudy, windy, rain later?
So apart from that I shall still be going to Sainsburys shortly. I don’t need a lot, just a few bits to top up my essentials.
I don’t think I said hello to Rose. So hello Rose and welcome.

1 Like

Whereabouts in Italy are you from Rose?

Its stopped raining now.

1 Like

Hello, thank you.

South, near Naples, Italian origins but “London born and bred”.

1 Like

My late mum and dad absolutely loved it there when they spent a few weeks there on holiday. (Naples not London) I always said I would love to visit but haven’t got round to it yet…

1 Like

I say “near” because it’s the nearest city which is well-known to everyone but it is actually about 70km away.Our bus/train services are not too good, so we don’t go there much.
Driiving around this city is only for " experts in the field".

1 Like

Good morning all.

Where in London was you born and brought up Rose.

Off to the Car Boot sale sometime this morning, if the weather is alright.

Have a nice day all.

1 Like

Morning all.

I collected my Amazon parcel last night on the last dog walk and had a look while the bed was warming up. Cafe meet this morning so it might be later today before I get a chance to try the food vacuum sealer. First thing to try will be the double portion of French fries in the freezer where there is so much air in in I struggled to fit it in.

I also want to get to our neared Range to find a mini dust pan and brush. The FF needs defrosting, (when I don’t know) and so much ice on the packs needs brushing off.

Good morning all.
A bit of storm damage yesterday. A couple of fence panels got blown out, but a quick fix by my grandson came and sorted it for now.
I am going to have to get some new ones.
We had lots of wind and rain yesterday, maybe more is on its way, as it is quite cold out.

Sorry to hear about the damage, Emjay. Hope it was minor.