Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Good morning all, the sun is out.
I had a really bad night, couldn’t get to sleep and was very uncomfortable with pain, got up at 6.30am this and still in a lot of pain, I suppose it will be another day of just sitting around.

Hope Holly will feel a bit better this morning.

Have a nice day all.

Morning Susie and all to follow, so sorry to hear your pain is still so severe, must be a real misery for you… Sending you a (((hug))), just in case it helps…

It’s cleaning day here for us as we have the family horde arriving on for lunch on Sunday. We have done a fair amount of pre-cooking so it will just need a re-heat, and Tescos are delivering before 8am on the day, so I think we are pretty well prepared well, as much as we can be at any rate.

Morning Jan, hope Holly is OK today… ?

Enjoy your day folks :blush:

Morning folks.

Hi Susie, sorry to hear you are still in pain. I too couldn’t sleep after waking up about 1, 1.30. I tried my best, taking sleep aids, but nothing doing. Holly also was awake a lot. She has followed me downstairs now and I will take her out soon. Going to keep her quiet and calm today, stay in and keep a close watch.

Edit. She didn’t want to go for a walk. Just kept stopping and standing on the pavement. Never did a wee (tho she had been in the garden not long before.) I will have to wait and see for her to ask. She’s gone back to bed.

I feel so sorry for Holly obviously its the GA. Have you phoned the Vet up at all about it?

Susie, she is much better. She seems to improve more with each passing hour. Since my last report she has taken her pain relief in dog milk, had 1 scrambled egg with dog milk, a sachet of dog food, one or two biscuits, and half a slice of buttered toast! And a little walk.

She is in and out of the garden.

I’m just hanging about because a neighbour promised to knock before she leaves (moving), and feel I can’t start anything or settle till then. They should have gone by 1, but I expect they are awaiting confirmation before they close up. The removal van is still there. She joked the road would be emptier then, as they currently have five vehicles loading up. Plus their three dogs have been elsewhere last night. Yay.

Glad Holly is getting better.

Are you still having Cod and Chips and sharing with Holly tonight.

Yes Susie, no chips for her, she is not keen on potato, but I might cook a few peas before I go for the take away, and she can have some with her fish. Expect I will need to get a medium cod, not a small, lol.

We have just been for a walk, still only small wees, and I wish she would drink more water, and had lots of cuddles from neighbours.

The moving neighbour didn’t knock in the end. Felt I’d wasted my afternoon. The new owners were taking a look and leaving as we walked past, with two Weimaraners. I was told it was a mother and daughter, and I think they have one each. I jokingly asked the dog if it was moving in but the ‘mum’ said no, he would be too noisy! Thank Gawd, I thought. Leaving neighbour had three very noisy scrappy little things, so their absence will make sitting out in the garden so much quieter.

@Jazzi Maybe go easy on the peas Jazzi, Chloe loves them and I read a recent study saying they may be implicated in canine heart disease :icon_sad:

Study details here

@Meg, how strange because commercial dog food includes them in their products. If I give her any, it is just a small amount, and not every day, unless in the food I give her. Some may contain green beans, or rice, sweet potato or a tiny amount of pasta.

Hmmm, an American study. Would it be recognised by vets over here? Holly enjoys them too.

Sounds good news all round today then Jan, enjoy your supper the pair of you… :blush:

Good morning all, its dull here.
Nothing planned for me today.
Coco has Cat food with Peas and Carrots, she loves them.
Glad that Holly is on the mend now.
Have a nice day all.

Good morning Susie and all, looks like being another warm and pleasant day here.

Just back from doing the Tesco shop, we have quite a big family gathering here on Sunday so it was quite a big shop, unusual for us these days…

Hope that you are picking upmarket bit Susie, and here’s hoping Holly is feeling much better today Jan.

Have a pleasant day everyone :blush:

Not sure if my original post went on. It looks greyed out.

Morning all. I had a message saying I was posting more than 35% on here. We need a few more people it would seem.

Dog day care, hair cut, then a few hours wandering about. It sure where yet. Holly is practically back to normal but she did groan a few times last night in bed, and kept shifting position. I will be packing her pain relief with the stuff going with her.

1 Like

Arrrrrg. At last I have fought my way through forgotten passwords and other such trials to get here
Don’t like it. If it worked, why change it.
Trust you are all well?
Minnie is not to good and has been waking me up in the small hours of the night to be let out. She seems to be having a dose of the trots for the last few days. Now just not letting her have any food or treats during the day and only fish or chicken.

1 Like

Hi Emjay,

Glad you found you way on here, we have been waiting for you, I must admit i’m not as keen as it used to be, but please stay with us.

1 Like

Susie & emjay, I am finding that the more you try to use it the easier it gets… but it won’t happen overnight.
Lets look ahead to 2022 , when we can think back to now and laught at our thoughts of not being able to manage! :smiley:

Yes I will stay on here Twink.

1 Like

Keep plugging away ladies. I had a few doubts but it does get easier as you progress. Still think there are to many unnecessary old posts that are finished with left on the screen but that’s down to the powers that be to sort. Have a nice day :+1:

I struggled at first too, and still have reservations about some of the features but yes, the memory will fade and this will just become second nature after awhile I guess.

1 Like

Yay, Emjay made it! And good to see others on here too. I still prefer the old place, have to admit.

1 Like