Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Hi all, the sun is now shining after a very wet start. not doing a lot today should have my son or daughter in law come to pick up grandsons parcel which arrived yesterday.

1 Like

Hi butterscotch. Yes that is true we had some regulars, one who dipped her toe in briefly but decided against it. I will try her again. It is just inane ramblings really, but a few of us tried to keep it going. Welcome.

2 Likes

@Jazzi grab her toe and drag her in Jazzi, she can sink or swim with the rest of us
 :laughing:

1 Like

@Meg, lol. She is suffering with a bad back right now, and don’t think she’d forgive me if I tried that.

2 Likes

@Frankie1944 hi and welcome.

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello, remember me, the original starter of this thread? :grinning:. I keep getting emails now with Chit Chat chat! Hope you’re all well.
Not sure whether I like this new site but I suppose, like something new, it takes time to get used to it.
Have they removed the friends list? It’s difficult to tell whose on line too :thinking:.

1 Like

Hello Joy :grinning: good to see you , no friends list that I know of

Hi Joy! Welcome back to CC.

Thank you Jazzi :grinning:

Morning peeps, a lovely start here and a smashing walk through the forest earlier. I have a morning in the kitchen planned stewing some fruit and cooking a moussaka for lunch using aubergines from the greenhouse. I love trying new recipes so it should be fun.

Hope you are all well today
 :blush:

1 Like

Morning Barry. That sounds nice. Yesterday I pulled up a fresh potato and some tomatoes from my garden, which I put in an omelette. Potatoes are all that’s left after failures so will leave in their grow bags for a bit longer. Nothing from the raspberry cane this year, but as I said to allotment friend, I have no idea if a summer or autumn fruiting one. ‘Are there flowers?’ she asked. ‘No’, I said. ‘Then you won’t get any fruit this year’. I don’t know when to prune it. Sigh.

Morning to you all, I must say I’m struggling to find some threads that aren’t well used and had to use the search facility this morning to locate this one!

Heading over to Mum’s shortly to do some gardening and then back home to clip our hedges this afternoon, as we expecting visitors over the weekend and need to spruce the place up a bit apparently
 ! :grinning:

Have a good day everyone :blush:

1 Like

Morning.

Barry, wearing your gardener’s hat today!

I will need to crack on soon, to leave here for the vets for 9.15 check in. Holly has been walked, and I’ve made sure she is clean, as they wished. She wanted to go out the garden when home (as she always does) and I’ve laughed ‘oh no no no! You’re not going out there to get dirty!’ So she has gone back to bed.

Have a good day all.

1 Like

Morning all, sorry Janet I didn’t know that this Chit Chat still existed.
It’s very hot outside, I have been sitting in the garden reading, I am now going to cook dinner.

Hope Holly will be ok.

Good luck for Holly from me too Jan, hope she’s ok. :blush:

Are you back with Holly yet Janet, is she ok?

@Jazzi Hi Jazzi :slightly_smiling_face: I hope Holly ia ok and not poorly.

Just eating, Meg, and will report shortly. Thank you.

2 Likes

Ok. Got her about 4.45, as they were busy. Should have been 4.30.

Gave her a small sachet of food, on their advice, which she ate. She then went upstairs to bed. Tried to get her out an hour ago for a wee but she was very reluctant. Was happy to see a courier bloke but didn’t want to walk, so got her onto a grassy bit and encouraged her to wee.

Back indoors I plonked her on the sofa but she got off, grizzled a bit, and went back upstairs. I checked on her.

Now for the worst bit. The surgery tried to charge me over £35 extra, stating prices had increased since April. I think that may have been when she went for the mouth check up and we had to wait quite awhile once I’d tried to book. So I politely but very firmly argued and eventually the receptionist backed down and honoured the original quote, which incidentally was again given to me over the phone two days when the nurse phoned to go through the Qaire! And of course they couldn’t find said nurse, and there was nothing in my notes.

I signed the consent form this morning, with bloods cost of £67.20. They then told me they were £7 more!! I wasn’t letting them get away with that. So once she’d deducted the difference, and told me the new cost, asked if I was happy to pay that. I said no, I’m paying under duress. Told them they needed to be transparent to their patients with costs, and there had been a miscommunication within their practice. I asked if she’d meet me halfway, but in the end I only had to pay the original quote. I got straight onto my bank online to check the amount.

1 Like