Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Good morning all, beautiful sunshine and blue sky here.

Janet, glad you are enjoying yourself.

Got Anglian waters here, digging up my road again outside my home.

Have a nice day all.

So theyā€™re back Susie?

In Harlow waiting for sis.

Yes Janet, they told me this afternoon that they might be there for 3 weeks, eeek.

Janet, another suicide at 4am this morning in the sea, a Man in his 50s. We had Police Helicopters flashing their lights above our house and the Sea Rescue team, but they canā€™t find the body.

Oh heck! How was it known to rescue services? Poor man.

Good evening, sorry Iā€™ve been missing for a bit, lots of bits and pieces going on in the real world at the moment, but Iā€™ll try not to stay away for too long in futureā€¦

2 Likes

Morning all.

Off to see friends today, back in my old home town. Catching the train just after 10am. Iā€™d like to leave my coat behind, so hoping the weather forecast is warm.

Morning all, sun is shining.

Janet, another Fishman went down there at 4am and saw the man jump over the sea wall and alerted the Rescue team, as there is a number on the board at the sea wall for emergencies.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all.
Well I will have to find my own adventures for the next 18 days as my daughter is off to Antigua.
When I woke up this morning it was so hot in the house. The heating had gone crazy. I donā€™t know what time it came on. The new thermostat is the problem. I just canā€™t fathom it out with the settings.
I thought that I had sused it yesterday. Wrong.
I did ask the boiler man yesterday who lives 3 doors down who fitted it, to come and sort it out for me. No show yet.
So I shall just have to turn it off at night and on in the morning manually.

Mines off all the time Emjay, I just turn it on manually when required. Judging by my last gas bill I donā€™t think it saves me any moneyā€¦
:astonished:

Antigua sounds nice Emjay, my School friends came from there.

Susie, any further news on the man?

Did you see on FB, there is, or will be, an IKEA pick up point in our big Tescos? Could be handy. I am waiting for an answer of how often it will be there. Some people have ready used it.

I had a nice time, seeing three friends back in Walthamstow, but I tell you, I was so glad to leave!! And Iā€™m asking myself, why do I want London tomorrow? Must do something with my last day.

Got a very heavy footed guest above me. Argh!!

You have been missed welcome back.

2 Likes

Good morning all, its raining.

Off into Gorleston this morning, just shopping.

No Janet, not heard anything about the missing man.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Yes, see on FB he is still missing.

Good morning all.
Itā€™s raining here as well, but only a little bit at the moment.
Off to the AgeUK club this morning. That could be the excitement of the day.
Last week I went and bought a series of books from Amazon. There are 5 books in the series, all about WW2 naval adventures. Cost, 99p. They are ebooks of course, and downloaded on to my kindle.:wink:

Afternoon all.

Back from my short but exhausting trip to London. Maybe next time I shanā€™t bother. I didnā€™t really have a plan and just hopped on and off buses, and walked over Waterloo bridge. As for finding the toilets in the station. Oh my gawd!!

Forgot about the step from the seat, (when the train reached this station here) and fell gracefully on to the legs of the chap across the aisle. He just looked down at me and another young man helped me up. Then in the lift I leaned on the alarm button. Oh dear. I shouldnā€™t be allowed out on my own.

1 Like

Thank you, most kind of you :slight_smile:

What a pleasant day itā€™s been here, light sunshine and blue sky, reached 15 degrees in the garden this afternoon, even sat outside on the patio for a couple of hours too.