Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Good morning all.
Looks like it is going to rain. Well it is forecast, not that I believe the so called experts.
Now then Jan. I thought that the allotment was the love of your life after Holly. So why are you giving it up?
For me a same old same old Friday. Off to Morrisons for lunch and then dinner at my daughter’s this evening.

@Emjay Sounds like you are having a very nice no cook day, I think Morrisns is the only large supermarket with their own cafes still in place. My large local Asda has a costa I think and so does the Sainsburys - surprising how the energy rises and general cost cutting actons are affecting all sorts of things.

@Jazzi I am sorry you have decided to give up the allotment, I am part of a volunteer litter picking who branched into allotment when we started gardening in unused council spaces. There are about 6-9 of us who go semi regularly is there something like that on your allotment space a community one very nice a social as well.

Our local Tesco is a bit small for a cafe’ but the big one about five or six miles away does a corker of an all day breakfast, and the rest of the menu is quite extensive, and I get points on my loyalty card… :sunglasses:

Afternoon all.

The allotment is just too much hard work, and I can’t do it alone. The guy who came to quote more than a week ago just hasn’t got back to me. I have had a reminder from the reps that it needs attention. So have made the decision to walk away now.

Went over this morning to look for something and managed to flog some pallet collars to the bloke on other side of me. Also hoping to see the lady for the GH, as I have the shelves. When I get back from my trip, I need to clear stuff away.

@Jazzi A good choice then I think. Over the last few years we have hd the community allotemnt I have seen lots pf poeple come start restart get help then leave its harder work than you think.

Ah not Tesco shopper so not aware of that. Glad you enjoy it and will bear in mind when travelling around always worth knowing where a decent brekkie can be found.

1 Like

When I was a courier driving the length and breadth of the UK I quickly realised that Tesco would provide the cheapest diesel, a toilet, and something to eat, mostly 24 hours back then. On my first job as a courier, I made the delivery down Nottingham way and was so pleased to have done my first job successfully I called in at a motorway services for a mug of tea and piece of cake. It came to about a tenner, and by the time I deducted my diesel it was more than I got for the job… :open_mouth: I soon got wise… :sunglasses:

1 Like

@OldGreyFox You sound like my Dad he used to say see where the workmen are eating, if the car park is full of posh cars or no cars don’t bother if full of vans and work vehicles good food good value.

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen many people start then can’t cope with it. If it’s left untended in early Spring the grass and weeds grow so quickly and before you know it there is a big job to be done!

Good morning all. Its dull and grey here.

Off into Lowestoft this morning, see what I can buy.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

After dropping H off at 9 I hope to get to the allotment to flog a few bits. Chap next door will take some pallet collars, and then there is the lady for the GH, now I’ve found the shelves.

Home to pack and cook a roast.

Good morning all.
Sunny with a few clouds at the moment.
Project for this morning is to make a new handle for the pond net that my daughter and Co broke.
I went and rescued (caught) another 3 tidlers from her pond yesterday, and she believes that there could be more. Her pond has definitely got a leak, as the water has gone down. It has to be sorted before Tuesday as she is going away then.
Other plans for today??

There is a small pond at our plot which we made maybe three years ago using a flexible pond liner. I think this must have a slow leak as it is consistently about half full, although that is about 8 or 9 inches at deepest. There is also quite a large tear above the water line. We do get foxes wandering about or perhaps a large bird did it. There is a fair amount of frogspawn in it at the moment but I suppose I will have to drain it later this year to replace or repair it.

Morning all.

Good morning all.
Raining.
It was quite a good job I did with the net. I found an aluminium tube ( part of an old antenna) that fitted. I also made a handle from an old umbrella.
I have got or maybe did have little black flies hiding in my orchids collection in my lounge. They would come and buzz around my iPad when I was using it (the light attracting them). Someone recommended burning incense sticks near the orchids. It so happens that I have some of them. Well it seems to be working.

Morning all, just started to rain here.

|Have a good trip |Janet.

Have a nice day all.

Thanks Susie.

Sounds a good tip, Emjay.

I have been ready for hours, and no need to leave just yet. Just watching recordings, to clear the Sky box a bit and thinking of the odd thing to pack.

Here in the Travelodge. Unpacked, had a cuppa, resting for a bit, then will see what to do this evening. Or rather, what to eat next door in the Toby.

It was easy coming by train, but I did get a taxi to the station. It was raining.

Morning all.

Woke up too early for my liking. Tried to have a doze but the world was awakening and being noisy. Sigh.

Thoroughly enjoyed my meal last night in the Toby. Not the carvery (plenty of time for that), but from the menu. Loaded roast potatoes, macaroni cheese, and apple pie with custard. Will have my cooked breakfast in there this morning, but I see there is the option for just cereal or toast. Handy to know for the mornings I might not want fully cooked.

Then about 10 I hope to make my way to the town centre, to meet up with my older sister. Later this afternoon, my niece will be here for a catch up. I need to check the bus times into TC.

Tried to watch Death in Paradise last night but gave up half way through. Was falling asleep.

Good morning all.
There is a bit of blue sky about, and feels quite warm when I just went out to feed my fish.
Sainsbury’s shortly for my weekly shop.
Then find things to do or maybe not do.