Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Morning all,
Lovely here today, nice and sunny.

Unfortunately next door have got roofers in, with scaffolding right outside our side kitchen window. We don’t have curtains there because it’s only the neighbours can see in as a rule, but now I feel invaded, with these men going up and down ladders/scaffold only 5’ from my window. And why can no builders ever work without a ghetto blaster? I feel I can’t have the window open in my sewing room (which also looks out on them) or I’m forced to listen to their choice of music :weary:

My daughter thought she’d try the soapnuts after hearing how successful I’d found them. They arrived yesterday, but was missing the little zip calico bag to put them in. So this morning I’ve made her one - actually it’s so much better than the one I got with my bag, because I’ve overcast all the inside seams so it won’t fray and cling to the soapnuts. Think I’m gonna make one for myself!

Nothing more planned for today. Enjoy your day folks :blush:

Good morning everybody.

After having my nine year old grandson for an overnight stay all I want to do today is take it easy.

Have a good day all…

Morning all.

Got my dermatology appt at 9.45. Just finishing breakfast then will get Holly down the road to the carer, and I have about 5 hours to myself. What I do for the morning depends on how long I have to wait to be seen and what they decide.

Good morning all.
A blue sky and not a cloud, so that means no rain for here.
I shall have to get the hose out to top up the pond, as the water is getting low
Had the expected phone call from my Dr yesterday morning. Who said that you can’t cure diabetes? He said that I no longer need to take metformin, as my blood sugar levels are good and have been for a while.
A few other things that I knew about, so that was the “Amongst other things” that I needed to know.
Nothing planed for today except dinner at my daughters this evening.

Morning all,
Yes, same as where you are @Emjay, just clear blue sky as far as the eye can see. And pleased to note your ‘among other things’ weren’t anything to worry about.

I’ll probably be at my sewing machine again today - little one has asked for more of the tops I’ve been making her. She doesn’t want dresses now (growing up :cry:), but loves these airy, flowy tops, perfect for playing in.

Have a good day everyone :blush:

Looks nice, Bath!

Back from my dermatology appt and I can expect minor surgery, on my nose, within 2 weeks. Brill service from our nhs.

Watching a Supervet edition before collecting Holly.

1 Like

That’s really good news Jazzi!

1 Like

Good morning all.
Looks like another sweaty day.
As usual for Saturday it is my laundry day, and most is in the dryer.
I am going to try out the peeling device that I received yesterday (EBay) , as I have loads of apples to do. I shall cook and then mash them and put into bags and freeze them.
I only recently finished the last lot from last year.
Knee still giving me grief. I have an appointment for a pre assessment on Tuesday.

Good morning all,
A lovely bright morning which seems quite , think maybe the birds have gone now all the young ones have grown , and people on holiday .
I shall go a walk later , got hot dogs cooking for my visitor , so better go before they get burnt .
Have a wonderful day .

Morning all.

Wish our seagull chicks would move on, and the parents. God the noise can be deafening! I often can’t hear what someone outside is saying, or work out where external noise is coming from, because the gulls are so loud.

Good morning all.
Yet another phew day. Pass the tissue or hanky to mop my brow.
I shall peel and cook another load of apples. I did a bundle yesterday, and they are in the freezer.
It is such a shame the the ‘windfalls’ land on the concrete, and bruse.
My daughter dragged me out again yesterday as she wanted a few things in Iceland. The shop, not the country. I waited in the car. We again ended up in Nandos for lunch.

Good morning all ,
On my drive out yesterday I saw the Queen ! yes she was supping Tea with guess who , none other than Paddington .
Have a wonderful day all

1 Like

Morning all.

Emjay, was that worth D dragging you out then?

Eliza, a lovely scene for passers by, to raise a smile.

I have someone calling round at 1.30, to look at removing some rubbish in my garden. Hope their fee is reasonable as no other person answered my plea on social media. I could Google them and ask for quotes…

Good morning everybody.

At last the day I’ve been waiting for has arrived - I’m having an MRI scan on my back this afternoon.
I’m hoping it will tell me which nerve it is that is trapped - or maybe several! Specific exercises can then be aimed at that area.

I live in hope that I can get myself better & hopefully avoid surgery!

It’s a nice bright sunny day here. I’m doing some work in the garden until it’s time to go to hospital late afternoon.

Have a good day all…

Good morning all.

Carol, good luck with the MRI Scan, lovely and noisy.

Janet, good luck with clearing all your rubbish.

Emjay, good luck with your assessment on Tuesday.

Bathsheba, little girl looks so sweet.

Eliza, I will have a Hot dog please, with fried onions and burger relish, tha k you.

Have a nice day all.

1 Like

Yes Jazzi. It was worth being dragged out by my daughter.
And another thing. My Apple tree and the windfall on the ground. The apples are smaller than normal. Could this be because of the lack of rain?

1 Like

Morning Afternoon all,

This week’s going to be a hot one - already started here, although it’s relatively cool indoors at the moment.

I’ve just cut out two more tops - one for my granddaughter and one for a friend whose birthday party she’s going to this week. Yesterday I made my granddaughter 4 pairs of cycling shorts - she seems to prefer them to ordinary shorts, and only had two pairs.

My daughter is looking after a friend’s elderly labrador for 3 days (2 nights). She’s nuts! She’s had him before, two or three times, but in the meantime he’s developed a very weak bowel, and has to be ‘cleared up after’ most mornings. Now, her own dog is the same, but that’s different, isn’t it? She said last time that she would never have him again, but here we are. I said to her “It’s only a very little word, and you need to practise saying it - NO!” She agreed, but admits she finds it difficult to refuse. She’s being taken for a mug - several other neighbours have all been ‘used’ by this woman, and they all end up saying ‘never again’. She’s worked her way through the estate taking advantage of people, to avoid paying kennel fees. But it’s beyond me how she has the nerve to ask anyone knowing the dog is almost bowel incontinent!! Bloody cheek I say :rage:

Enjoy (the rest of!) your day folks.

Blimey Bath, that is cheeky! I willingly clean up after Holly (she is always runny, and even her bum has to be cleaned. So hard cleaning up runny poo but I do my best), but as you say, when it’s your own pet you don’t mind.

Carol, good luck with the scan.

After time spent in my shed, pulling stuff out for the rubbish removal company, I then get a text asking to reschedule. It has put me out, somewhat. Now tomorrow at 12. Had to put WM on late and will hopefully get it all hung out soon. And my roast also has had to be moved, till this evening. I usually prefer big meals lunchtime.

1 Like

Bathsheba, that is a cheek, if I had a dog that had problems, I wouldn’t dare ask someone else to look after her and clean up her mess.

But i’m like your Daughter, I find it hard saying NO.

Oh, Jazzi that’s a nuisance.

Good morning everybody.

At last, after suffering for ten months with a trapped nerve in my back & sciatica, I had my MRI scan yesterday - it went ok. I’ve had three & this one was the noisiest ever! I wonder why they make so much noise?
Now it’s a matter of waiting for the results. They said it would take 2-3 weeks.

I made a resolution that I would try to help myself a bit more once the scan was over so I am re-starting an Aqua fit class at the local pool this morning.

This afternoon Tony & I will go a walk round the local reservoir followed by a drink at the local.

Have a good day all…