Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Good afternoon everybody.

I’m cooking a roast beef dinner today, catching up on jobs in the garden & a having walk round the park.

Have a good day all…

Morning folks.

Busy busy, off to Norwich with my sister soon.

Morning all, goodness it’s August already :flushed:. Time, please please slow down!!

Drizzle’s gone, got nice blue sky and sunshine again. I do wish it had been a proper downpour yesterday though, a day of drizzle did hardly any good at all for the thirsty gardens, to say nothing of the farmland and reservoirs :worried:

Nothing much planned today, but at some point this week I’ve promised to take my daughter out to get a new mattress, so that might be today.

Enjoy your day folks.

Good morning all.
Still no rain here. I look at those heavy black clouds, and hope some of the moisture in them is for this area. Nope, they just drift on.
Plans for today. Take down the garden security camera and charge it up. (Just done that). Get a rake out of the shed and pull out some of the oxygen generating plant from the pond. It is overgrown and I have to do this occasionally.
Clear up the windfall apples and maybe pick some more to cook and freeze. I did some yesterday.
Next. Have the rest of the day off.

Good morning all.

It’s my granddaughter Holly’s birthday today.
A good part of the day will be spent at her house.

No other plans.

Have a good day all…

1 Like

Good morning everybody.

I’m going to a carer’s meeting this morning. It’s once a month for people who care for somebody.
A social worker pops in to help with any questions/problems.

This afternoon Tony & I are having a walk round a picturesque village not too far away.

Have a good day all…

Morning all.

No cafe meet today, as the staff are on holiday, so I might take the opportunity to switch the big PC on and maybe send something for the writing group this evening.

I couldn’t believe the idiot boy staying in house next door but one (actually don’t think he is on the tenancy). About 11.30 last night I could hear lots of noise, then falling brickwork. Opened my shutters to see him pushing the black bin out to join that of next door’s, in between the road boulders. I had watched this boy last week haul the bin OVER the brick wall, to then fill it with the rubbish that had accumulated on the ground. He has then pulled it back over the wall, filled up with bags. I will take a look when I go out, see what damage he has done. I could see him shining a small torch after he’d done it.

Suffice to say there is no room in that small front bit for the bins, as there is no gap to move any in or out.

And as for them next door…I had had a lovely day out in Norwich then came back to the constant front door opening and slamming again. Dozens of times. Ended up needing pain killers before bedtime.

Good morning all.
I am not rushing out early to Sainsbury’s this morning. But I shall just take my time.
I got a text from my GP yesterday about my blood test results, telling me that “ amongst other things” I need to go get the prescription that he sent to my chemist for ‘Folic acid’ tablets. This I did. I now need to know what are the “amongst other things” so I have a phone appointment on Thursday between 10-11am.
Am I worried? Nah! Liar. Of course I am. “Amongst other things”.

Good Morning all ,
very humid here , making Blackberry crumble with the blackberries a picked today .

Have a wonderful day

Morning all,
A little overcast but still warm. Daughter’s got a long (probably 3 hour) appointment at the hairdresser this afternoon, so granddaughter’s being dropped off to us first. We’re going to pop up to Asda with her to get some new school trousers. Up till now she’s always worn pinafores, but my daughter suggested trousers as she’s tall and slender, with very long legs, and the school tights always end up with the crotch around her knees - she’s tried buying the bigger sizes - last year she had size 9-11 at only 6 and a half years old. But then, although the legs fit, they are usually too roomy at the top and still fall down :roll_eyes:.

Nothing else on the agenda today. @Emjay try not to worry, hopefully the ‘other things’ will turn out to be something quite minor :crossed_fingers:

Enjoy your day folks.

Hope you get on alright at the Quacks Emjay…

Morning all.

Looks like another nice day out there.

No plans for me, might take it easy after being out last night, and cook a leisurely lunch. Had to eat a sandwich before I went out and didn’t want it that early. They were talking about old meetings and members no longer around, saying one couple would be just sitting down to their dinner about 7.30 when group members arrived for the meeting, :grin::grin:

I’d best get Holly out soon.

Good morning everybody.

I’m meeting my friend Chris in the mill town of Belper this morning.

We’ll have a short walk - no longer than a mile as I can’t go much further with my sciatica.
Then a browse round the shops & a pub lunch.

Ady taking Tony to the Derbyshire peaks for the day.

Have a good day all…

Good morning all.
Is it ever going to rain here again? Every thing is so dry and scorched. The tray of water that I put out gets loads of visitors. I change the water every morning now.
Off to the Wednesday Age UK meet up group shortly. Almost the excitement of the week.

Morning all,
It’s raining here at the moment, looks like it’s been at it for several hours, but it’s just fine, drizzly stuff. We need more than that!

I’ve been without my car now since last Wednesday, as it developed an oil leak. The fellow who services our cars picked it up on Thursday and took it to his workshop, but said he wouldn’t be able to do it ‘till next week’. It’s now beginning to get me down, so I hope it won’t be much longer! Thankfully Mr B doesn’t use his car a lot, but there have been times when he’s out and I’ve wanted it. I even considered getting the bus the other day, unheard of for me :joy:

Nothing much planned for today, so will just go where the day takes me. Probably not much further than the sewing room if I’m lucky :wink:.

Have a lovely day folks.

Morning folks.

Off for dog walk so chat more later, when I have breakfast.

Good morning all.
Still hot and humid here.
I woke up to a very painful knee this morning. Normally it is ok for a few hours.
The pain killers are starting to work. I really used to hate taking them, but now it seems to be a need.
I have a phone appointment with my Dr this morning. 10-11am.
Things I need to know.
Got a bread making at the moment with 1 hour to go.
Also expecting a delivery of an Apple and potato peeler. My daughter has one and she recons it is great.

Good morning everybody.

We’ve got out nine year old grandson Josh coming for an overnight stay so this morning I must tidy up everywhere & put things out of reach of little hands. Josh is autistic and doesn’t comprehend what he can & cannot touch.

Ady will bring him mid afternoon so before then we must also have a trip to Sainsburys for his favourite goodies.

Hoping he will not want to go home. Last time he wanted to stay but will he this time?

Have a good day all…

Good morning all ,
My chauffeur will be coming today so I will be going a field or Canal walk .Next week is my appointment at the Fracture Clinic , the time as flown by although Ive still got some swelling round the break Im able to now get about .
I went to the Village supermarket yesterday , and once again there was only a few oranges .
Whats happening ? why are they in short supply .

Well have a wonderful day everyone