Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Morning all, another hot sunny day here.

Off out to Gorleston about 10am then sit in the Park.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all,

The weather is warming up and is hitting the 30c mark this week , yesterday I walked in a field that had been Havested , I love harvest time and seeing all the bails of hay .

Late yesterday there was a field fire not far away from me it started off in a hedgerow , so maybe some moterist had thrown a nub end out , who knows how these fires start , there was also a Arson attack on a Garage showroom , at the weekend . Its been hit 2,maybe 3 times now , Seems to me that they have Enemies .

Ive booked a Theatre trip next month , its been a while since i last went , I am going in the afternoon , so i will be home by Teatime , I wont be doing anymore late night shows on my own , my Son said he will go with me .I feel a little more vunerable of late .

Have a wonderful day

Good morning all.
Yep. Another sizzler. I think I am melting already.
Just done my hobble with Minnie on the field.
I am going to Sainsburys shortly, as tomorrow it could be too much as I have that assessment at the hospital. I have to be there for 0900.
I don’t think I shall be doing much else today.

Morning all.

Dropping H off in a minute and will then do a deep vacuuming session. Can’t even pick the hose up before she starts! Then hopefully the rubbish will be taken around midday (if the price is right. If not it’s going back in the shed.)

Laters.

Morning all,

Yep, another hot day, and it’s going to get hotter as the week progresses :fire::sweat_drops:

Nothing much planned today, so will take the day as it comes.

@carol I really hope your MRI results get you some answers, you’ve been suffering for so long now.

@Emjay good luck with your hospital appointment tomorrow.

Hour spent hoovering, or just under, then a lovely uninterrupted shower! Coffee break now. I have found my car tyre pump. Might see if it works, as I have a pressure warning light. If not, that too can go with all other rubbish.

Got some small rugs outside, waiting to be cleaned. I will need the garden free for water to run out.

Morning all.

Well the tyre pump went with the rest of the rubbish. I was quoted ÂŁ60 so accepted and it has all gone.

I had left those two rugs soaking in my huge bucket by the garden tap, and the water went filthy! When in Morrisons yesterday I bought a bottle of liquid detergent, put some in the bucket, swirled it about, emptied it, then put the rugs into the WM. They have been out on the line overnight. They were so dirty as they were always by the back door. Got the dirt from wind blowing it in, or on Holly’s paws. I always dropped my shoes off just inside so never walked dirt in. There is another rug that needs cleaning, but has a small trolley standing on it. I used a pet cleaner and brush yesterday. Will check again to see how it has dried.

I got rid of the old Vax upright carpet shampooer yesterday with the rubbish clearance and will either replace it, or grab the circular Vax one from the shed, clean it up, and use/keep that. It has attachments that let you get on your hands and knees for a good clean. I do know they are in the spare bedroom, in its box.

Just the cafe meet for me this morning (very few of us today, maybe 5, maybe 6), then no other plans.

PS, I have rugs everywhere in the kitchen, bathroom and by back door because there are stone tiles and it gets cold in the winter.

Good morning all.
I will be going shortly to the hospital for a 0900 appointment for the pre op assessment that is next Thursday.
I don’t know how long that will take.
So no other plans yet for the rest of the day.
Already been out with Minnie, and it going to be another hot one weather wise,

Good morning all

@Emjay hope all goes well today .

@Jazzi you must feel pleased with all that you got through yesterday .

Ive just cooked a Pasta in Tomato sauce in the oven it smells nice , hope it taste so .
Have a wonderful day every one

1 Like

Yes Eliza, I am.

Emjay, best of luck at the hospital.

Sounds tasty.

Good morning everybody. No plans as yet.

I was going to go to the 9.30am swim session at the local pool but It’s almost that time now now & I’ve only just got up, I guess I won’t be going.

Never mind - sure to think of something. Lots to do in the garden but it’s just too hot!!

Sorry to hear about the death of Olivia Newton John & Judith Durham - may they R.I.P.

Have a good day all

Morning all,
Heavens, it’s very warm already. I don’t envy the roofers next door, having to work outside in this heat.

Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I picked up my nightie and out fell a spider - one of those very fast running, little fat spiders, about an inch across. Anyway, where did it fall? Slap bang into one of my slippers that I’d just taken off. And off it scuttled, right up into the toe. I tried shaking it out, tapping the slipper, banging it on the floor, but no joy. The spider had found his safe space and he was clinging onto it. So I threw the slipper into the spare bedroom (didn’t want it crawling out and up onto my bed during the night!). Went and retrieved it this morning and
 the flipping thing’s still there, aagghh! It’s not dead, I saw it move, but it ain’t going anywhere.

@Jazzi you’ve really been busy, must be so satisfying having such a good clear out like that.
@Emjay hope your hospital appointment goes well today.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Morning all, lovely hot sunny day here.
Have been to the Car Boot Sale this morning, just got back, bought two lots of home grown strawberries, nothing else.
Have a nice day all.

@Bathsheba , that slipper would have gone out into the garden! Not kept inside the house with a spider still in situ!!

1 Like

Spiders don’t really bother me that much Jazzi, but I draw the line at one sharing my slipper while I’m wearing it, haha. Now if it had been a big moth or a crane fly, I wouldn’t have even been able to pick the slipper up - Mr B would have been called to attend, while I stood well back :scream:

Good morning everybody.

Normally I would have had a meet up with my friend Chris today for a short walk & browsing the shops & lunch. Unfortunately we’re having to give it a miss. Two nights ago, whilst visiting her brother in hospital she had the catalytic converter stolen from her car! She’s got stuff to do today

I feel so sorry for her - the insurance won’t pay for it. They wanted to write the car off. It’s an old Honda Jazz - she’s got to pay £400 for a new one herself. What’s the point of insurance eh?

Now at a loose end, I’ve booked in for an early morning swim instead. Tony doesn’t get up till mid morning so I’ll be there & back before he knows I’m missing.

Ady is on his holidays & won’t be taking Tony out so just as well I’m not going anywhere without him this afternoon

Have a good day all

Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your friend’s car! The expense, the inconvenience. These people just don’t give a damn, do they?

Not sure what I will get up to today. Might have to do some writing, as we have our update check in today. Eek, I have nothing to report.

Good morning all
I will be doing a little tidy up in the garden ,and some house cleaning this morning before the heat sets in .
Morrisons have sent me a ÂŁ5 off my shopping and a free slot , I may take them up .

Have a wonderful day .