Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

They look good Janet.

Morning all, windy here again but nice and bright so could be worse…

A visit to see my Mum this morning and a couple other errands to run while I’m out, but then I’ll probably do some potting up in the greenhouse this afternoon.

Have a pleasant day folks :blush:

Morning all.

Brilliant sunshine here, but will it last long enough for me to get any benefit from it? Have things to do on the allotment but might still be wet and muddy.

Must do a bed linen wash, though. Hope to get that out in the garden to dry.

Enjoy your day.

Good morning all.
Sunny but windy here. I don’t think it will last long as I can see a build up of clouds coming this way from the west.
So I have the new fibre WIFI. It is fast.
The guys that fitted it were very professional, and it was all done in under the hour.
There are options of what speed you want and pay for. From £22.50 up to £99. Speeds from 75Mbps to 3,000 Mbps. I got £27.50 for 200Mbps. But when I did a speed test, t was getting 500Mbps.
Plans for today. I have to go pick up my repeat meds from Morrison, and will do that when we go for lunch there. Then later, daughters for dinner.

Morning all.

Off out at 8am for my weekly stroll around the shops in Town.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

After sleeping on the issues I have with this coach holiday, I am veering towards cancelling. Sooner rather than later, so I don’t lose 100% of the costs. I am not sure I can cope with the early pick up, and my bathroom needs, AND a seat with restricted leg room. And a full coach, come to that! Maybe I was too hasty in booking it, but never gave a thought I’d be issued with that seat. I have been on numerous trips and heard other passengers saying how long they’d been travelling on the coach or by other means, and I don’t want to be one of them.

If I do cancel, then I will also speak to the dog carer and ask to cancel a day either side, rather than the whole week and cause him loss of earnings. That will save me £40, I hope. Then I will plan what to do for those few days.

Yes, it’s a financial loss, but nothing compared to what others have suffered. My brother and SiL have spent that kind of money on cab fares alone, in the space of a week or two. He sold the car after his Parkinson’s diagnosis but the pair of them have lots of hospital appointments and SiL spent a few days in hospital with a treatable illness.

Quite some years ago a niece and her family cancelled a Christmas cottage holiday due to bad weather, and lost out on £1,000.

Am I trying to justify my decision, to convince just myself? Maybe.

1 Like

Lost track of your holiday plans Jan, where was the bus trip going to?

Morning all, a bright start but clouding over now and showers forecast for the day.

Just an errand to run into town this morning and I’ll be cooking cheese omelette and chips for lunch, but no other plans as yet.

Have a good day everyone :blush:

Lowestoft to Whitby.

We’ve booked a cottage for a week in Whitby in September, one of our favourite places but we’ve not been there for a year or two, so looking forward to it.

Good morning all.
The weather here don’t look too wonderful.
Plans for today. I am going back to take that in the ear hearing aid back. I have an appointment for 2pm. If they can’t improve on the functions of it, then I shall demand my money back.
I realise that it don’t fit in the ear properly although it was moulded for me. The volume is too low. I realise this by the volume of the TV that I had to increase. Also because of that I could not hear the doorbell.
No mater what setting I had it on, there was constant feedback.
Holidays. In the past I believe that sometimes they are more of a frustration than they are worth, and can’t wait to get home.
But as I have said, my life now is one big holiday.

Sorry to hear that you are cancelling your trip to Whitby Janet, am I right in saying its about 5 hrs journey?

Well, how many hours on the road depends. If you think about 6 hours in the morning, then perhaps another 5-6 in the afternoon (they never get there much before dinner time), then I would double your estimate.

I have no idea how long they stop for each time, but do remember some rest periods during a long drive.

According to my route finder it is 260 miles and would take five and a half hours by car, so at least eight with stops I should reckon by coach… :thinking:

What a shame but it sounds as if you’ve decided it’s not for you, spend whatever money you do get back on a nice day out or treat for yourself?

I can sense you’re a much nicer and gentler person than me so you won’t, but I still think you should try for a full refund!

I’m still angry a couple of days later that they’d allocate you that seat without checking if you needed leg room or giving you a discount! :rofl::rage:

And the person you talked to not being able to tell you if there is legroom or not? Get someone to go outside and look in the coach so you can give your customer a proper answer, woman!:rofl:

I agree Maree! Yes, it wasn’t made plain to me when booking that I would get such a seat (and I have seen them, been on one myself and it is uncomfortable), nor was I made aware of such an early pick up.

1 Like

When I phone to cancel, I will explain my reasons why, and try and negotiate for a better refund. I shall say their cancellation policy doesn’t make allowances for passengers to pull out when they receive their travel documents too late. A week or so ago and I could have only lost 50% rather than 70%.

1 Like

Morning all.

It’s not very nice out, raining and miserable.

Go for it Janet, get a better refund.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all, tipping down here too so no plans for a walk yet, maybe do I later if the rain eases.

No plans for the day either as it’s so miserable out, so it may end up being another jigsaw kinda day…

Take it easy folks and enjoy your if you can.:blush:

1 Like

Morning all.

Been downstairs to make myself a cuppa, now sitting by bedroom window, looking at the rain. I am itching to get to the allotment, lots to do.

I bought a compost bin in Aldi 2 days ago. It’s one you put together yourself. It’s in the car for the moment so I think I will bring it in, and see how easy it is to put together before taking it to the allotment.

No other plans. I’d love to sit and read but I think I need new glasses so have booked myself an eye test in town tomorrow.

Sausage and mash for main meal today.

1 Like