Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

Morning all.

Lovely to have the dog home, even if I got ignored most of the time, but she allowed belly rubs when waking this morning. Annoyed with the carer when I collected her. Got kisses on the nose when I got in their house, she was in his arms. He let her down and called her to the back room for her harness, coat and lead (we were walking back home). She has left him, to come and see me for a fuss and he just kept calling her back, which I thought was rude. Even his missus commented that ‘she was just saying hello to her mum’.

Good morning all.
So we are in the spring equinox. The sun has now past over the equator into the northern hemisphere
So why is it still a cold wind when I went out a short while ago. The pitches have been churned up by yesterday’s players. I expect there will be another lot today,
Not a lot going on for me today. So I shall have to find something to amuse myself.

Good morning everybody.

I’m expecting a visit from Sue for Mothers day - Karen called on Friday as she’s away this weekend.

Afternoon tea with Ady & Paula.

Have a good day everybody…

Morning everyone, and a very Happy Mum’s day to all of you ladies, whether you’re a mum or not…

We have had guests already this morning, and another eight arriving for lunch comprising daughter, two granddaughters, one partner of a grandaughter and two great granddaughters! Happy days…

Enjoy your day everybody :blush:

Enjoy your day, Barry. Or Rosemary’s.

Have a nice time all.

Morning all.

Not going out today.

Have a good day all.

Morning peeps, cloudy and mild here but forecast to brighten up later. :sunglasses:

I’ll be in my favourite place the kitchen today, and I’ll be using up the leftovers from yesterday’s feasting to make lunch, and then baking chicken, leek and mushroom pies, again with cooked chicken from yesterday. :man_cook:

Enjoy your day folks :blush:

Morning all.

Dog walk done early so I could post something. Needed to catch the 9am collection. No specific plans, suppose this depends on what the weather will do.

Good morning all.
Just back from Sainsburys with my weekly lot.
I think I am loosing it. I again made a mess up at the DIY checkout.
I use the computer thingy to scan the purchases, then at the checkout I was messing about with the cash, but did not finish the procedure. Got a red light, lady came and sorted it. Fool me.
Best I now have a cuppa, and do my puzzles.

I’m being lazy, sitting with my library book.

I’m being lazy as well, had breakfast, put washing in the machine, now in the dryer, washed my hair, soaked my feet, prepared lunch, now on the computer.

Had a lie in back in bed after finishing my library book. Just finished cheese on toast, will have my cuppa, then a shower. Dog walk due soon.

Morning all.

No idea what my plans are after the cafe meet. Did want to take a look at my allotment, see if the gardener left the grass clippings we’d agreed on. The other day in Wilko I bought some composting bags. Not opened them yet, to take a look size wise, but thought the clippings could go in there till I buy a new dalek style bin. Everywhere I looked on Saturday they were outside and soaking wet. Or had no lids.

Morning everyone, dry here now after a wet night again, the paths around the forest are really turning to mud now with the bikers chewing them up with their tyres so we need to start walking elsewhere for awhile…

Just baking bread this morning and cooking salmon and mash for lunch but no other plans, so I may find an hour or two for the garden this afternoon. Good luck with the allotment Jan, time to get stuck into it now…

Wishing you all a pleasant day :blush:

Good morning all.
Dampish, coldish, and dullish here.
Because I have the same street number with the sports field, which has locked gates, I get all the deliveries. Although it has been allocated an ‘A’ by don’t know who.
So yesterday I got one with just the name of the field that nobody so far knows anything about. I should add that there is a flat that is occupied above the pavilion. But their deliveries are usually named.
Right plans for today. I go shopping with my daughter, I get the items for her in-laws that live down the road.
I also must get my repeat prescriptions form in to Morrisons.
As Barry just reminded me, I also think I should make a bread.

Quite true Barry, I must get started, but we are facing days of bad weather still. Could try and find my compost in the shed and start some seedlings. Put the mini greenhouse by the back door, and have trays and peat pots ready.

1 Like

Morning all.

Janet did you manage to start some seedlings yesturday?

Hope you all have a nice day.

Morning everyone, rain overnight again but cleared now and looks like being nice again. :sunglasses:

No plans for the day so just pottering around in the garden I guess, although there’s bound to be a job somewhere if I look hard enough…:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Have a good day folks :blush:

Good morning all.
On and off raining here, but managed the morning stroll
Off to the coffee and chat group later. I have not had any communication from the lady down the road, so I shall give her a knock when I go, to see if she is coming. Going by car this morning.
The only things that I have growing, apart from my toenails, are my orchid collection that are in the back room. Lots of new branches with buds on.