Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

I agree Maree! Yes, it wasn’t made plain to me when booking that I would get such a seat (and I have seen them, been on one myself and it is uncomfortable), nor was I made aware of such an early pick up.

1 Like

When I phone to cancel, I will explain my reasons why, and try and negotiate for a better refund. I shall say their cancellation policy doesn’t make allowances for passengers to pull out when they receive their travel documents too late. A week or so ago and I could have only lost 50% rather than 70%.

1 Like

Morning all.

It’s not very nice out, raining and miserable.

Go for it Janet, get a better refund.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all, tipping down here too so no plans for a walk yet, maybe do I later if the rain eases.

No plans for the day either as it’s so miserable out, so it may end up being another jigsaw kinda day…

Take it easy folks and enjoy your if you can.:blush:

1 Like

Morning all.

Been downstairs to make myself a cuppa, now sitting by bedroom window, looking at the rain. I am itching to get to the allotment, lots to do.

I bought a compost bin in Aldi 2 days ago. It’s one you put together yourself. It’s in the car for the moment so I think I will bring it in, and see how easy it is to put together before taking it to the allotment.

No other plans. I’d love to sit and read but I think I need new glasses so have booked myself an eye test in town tomorrow.

Sausage and mash for main meal today.

1 Like

Good morning all.
Not very nice out for the start of summer.:frowning: I also shall wait for the rain to stop, if it does, before I venture out. At least Minnie has done her business in the garden for now.
I went to Scrivens yesterday to take the hearing aid back. The audiologist said that she will get another one made for me. This will be a bit bigger and not go so far into the ear. She said that one advantage is that it takes the bigger NHS batteries.
All I would say about your holiday Jan. it seems it would be a disaster from the start.
I don’t know if you have a shed at the allotment , but maybe you could spend a few days there. Do a B and B.

@Emjay no shed at the moment. Waiting for the weather to improve so I can get a base ready. Then will be the hard part of finding a company to deliver to the allotment and maybe put it together. Not seen enough people yet to get a team together to help. So far have one person to call, when I’m ready for the Wilko walk in greenhouse,

Morning everyone, a cool start here but a decent forecast for the day, at least that cold wind has eased so no complaints from me…

Just a few odd jobs to do like preparing fruit for the freezer and cooking a pie and mash for lunch, but no other plans as yet.

Have a pleasant day folks :blush:

Morning Barry and those to come yet.

Nothing planned for the day, just resting up my foot, might do some washing and put it out on the washing line and its sunny here.

Have a nice day all.

Morning all.

Decided to give up the use of my iPad and PC for a few days, to rest my eyes. My new glasses won’t be ready until Monday. If I can hold out until the weekend, hopefully…

I will also cut back on my book reading.

Until then, bye for now…

2 Likes

Good morning all.
It is also quite nice here weather wise. Still a cold wind.
Off to Sainsburys a little later. I found that if I go too early, not all of the things I need have not been put out.
My daughter and family has gone away for a few weeks to Antigua. So I shall have to fend for myself. Also I will have to see to the needs at times of her in-laws down the road, as they are mostly house bound.

Miss you Janet.

Morning everyone, just back from walking the dog before the rain is forecast to start…

As usual not much on my agenda, just the bathroom to clean and I’ll be cooking salmon for lunch.

Have a pleasant day folks :blush:

Good morning all.
Raining. Not so heavy enough to stop Minnie and I going out. But she did not want to walk far, and gave me a look that says, “I want to go back”.
I might have to go shopping for them down the road later. Also I have to go to Morrison to pick up another lot of meds for myself, and maybe some for them again down the road.
It’s going to be a bit quiet on here with out Jan.

Are you implying that she is noisy Emjay? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yes she is missed.

1 Like

Good morning all.
Jan noisy? Nah don’t think so Susie.
Right. Plans for today. As usual for a Wednesday, I am going to the coffee and chat club, group, or whatever it’s called.
The lady down the road just messaged me saying that she has a cold and will not be going.
Weather here. Overcast and it looks like it could be raining again later.

Morning all, just back from a wasted trip taking Rosemary for a blood test which, it appears, was cancelled this morning by text but Rosemary hadn’t heard it come in…:roll_eyes:

It looks like it’s brightening up now, so I’m going to nip out into the garden to plant some carrots and check on my seedlings whilst my bread is rising, but no other plans for the day.

Enjoy your day everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

It was lovely and sunny this morning, but no its rain again.

Morning all, after a very wet night again sunshine and showers is the forecast for here today, but the sun is out at the moment so long may it last, enough rain already!

Back from walking the dog and nothing on my agenda other than cooking a curry for lunch, and maybe trying to rearrange the photos on my laptop.

Enjoy your day everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

Good morning all.
A very muddy field this morning as the grass was cut yesterday. More like a plough the way it looks.
Cleaning lady comes this morning, and that’s about it for today.
At the age Uk coffee and chat group yesterday they were giving out sunflower seeds. It is a competition to see who can grow the biggest and tallest ones.
Oh the excitement.