Chit Chat Thread (Part 2)

@emjay I hope you get your money back.
I’ve been caught out like that too. Luckily my bank got the money back for me.

@Eliza - I hope you get your energy back soon.

Good morning all…
I am early this morning as got up at 0630. Already been out with Minnie. It looks like another good day.
Plans for today.
Going early to the ‘coffee and chat’, then I have a dentist appointment at 1100, for the crown to be fitted. Now I could then go to the monthly ’Cake and company’ or back to the ‘coffee and chat’. Decisions?

Morning all.

Have fun at the dentist, Emjay! Not nice. Got my check up in September I believe. I was lucky to get appts because many people here still struggle to even get registered.

Not sure what I will get up to today. Still considering a trip to Tescos but not just yet. I keep putting it off, day by day. It was my turn to buy the tea yesterday in the cafe, £3.50. Add 50p for a couple of newly baked biscuits. Then later £4.50 for her husband’s pie n mash. (A nice surprise when he messaged to ask if I wanted any.) I try to have a few No Spend days each week.

I am enjoying peace and quiet from the noisy tenants one side of me, (though this morning all I can hear are the two little boys playing their dad up. Been lots of crying and shouting. :roll_eyes:.) Since Monday I have had no constant opening and slamming of the front door, not heard their voices, and have been able to snatch moments in the garden. Their holiday is my holiday. :+1::laughing:

So. What shall I do today?

1 Like

Good morning all ,
Spent most of yesterday in bed , I had a good nights sleep and woken feeling better for it.

Watched the Football match last night on TV , what a great match . The joy on their faces at the end of game , Through to the Final and Wembley .
I hope more Womens Football is shown on TV ,so much better , more of a family occasion .

Its already warm out there ,so ive the washer on and more dead heading to do in the garden . .
also need to hoover and polish which as been neglected .

Have a wonderful day .

Good morning everybody.

Today I’m going to take Tony on a memory walk in the area where his old pit used to be.
It’s now been turned into a country park. He may or may not be able to tell me where the pit shaft used to be. He was a fitter down the coal mine for about five years before changing occupation.

Later we need to go to Aldi - I’m thinking it’s time I cooked a decent dinner!!

Have a good day all…

Afternoon everyone,

I’ve been absent from this thread for the past week - in fact almost absent from OFC altogether! Chiefly because I didn’t have my laptop with me at my son’s house, and don’t enjoy using my iPhone to contribute, cos I end up making so many typos, and it’s just so long-winded!!

Anyway, I came back this morning, so good to be home - particularly away from the 4 month old puppy who is just such hard work! You cannot leave anything within his reach, because he’ll have it and run off into the garden with it to chew it up, never to be seen again. Then when he’s not trying to do that, he’s bringing half the garden indoors to chew up all over the floor - there was a dirty old piece of rag, bits of roofing felt, pieces of wood (all left over from some building work recently done). I think the worst present he brought indoors was a chunk of a tree branch (God knows where he found it, but it is a huge garden), which he brought in and dumped on one of the sofas. It was full of woodlice that had taken up residence inside - feeling threatened by this pesky canine, they had all crawled out and decamped to the sofa :weary:. That was a clean up job I could have done without.

I’ve finally finished the memory bear for my daughter’s neighbour - pictures here: Bathsheba's makes - #21 by Bathsheba

Ewwww, Bath! Were you there pet sitting then?

Good to see you back.

1 Like

Yes, they have two dogs, one 8.5 years old, and this new little one. In the past my daughter has had the older one stay with her, but she only has a tiny house, and couldn’t cope with the puppy too. And anyway, she has nowhere to clear away all the things that the pesky pup would want to chew - he would be into everything!!

Thanks for the welcome back :blush:

1 Like

Nice to see you back @Bathsheba ,what fun you must have had with the pup . :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome back Eliza. Er, fun is not exactly the word I would use, haha! He was a pesky little monkey. He is fun in very small doses, but a week was a bit too much :see_no_evil:. I love dogs, but at my age, running around after a small, mischievous puppy is no fun!

Morning all.

A lady who used to attend our first coffee group got a pup, at the age of 71! She already has another dog. Wonder how she is coping with him now. Thought it was brave of me getting one aged 65, lol. But as I explained to a lady at the top of my road yesterday, when she asked how many walks I do a day (minimum 4), Holly keeps me fit. All the walking, however short or long, is helping keep my weight down. It’s just the getting up off the floor I find a tad difficult, when playing.

Collecting my sis this morning and we will do a trip to Tescos. My shopping list is getting longer. And trains permitting, we hope to get to Norwich on Monday. Holly is with the lady close by, and I can stock up on my favourite sweets (the bon bons). It is the only shop that does the powdery coated ones. I hope not to spend too much while there. But that is if trains will be running. (I have a pension going in that day, bit of an excuse to spend a bit, eh?)

Enjoy your day, whatever you do.

Good morning all.
So when my wife brought home Minnie. I was 70 and just retired.
It was her dog and I told her that I was not going to get involved.
Yea right,
She became my shadow, and still is.
So the dentist and the crown went ok yesterday. I went to the coffee morning first, then the dentist, and back to the coffee morning.
This morning I am going for blood tests.
Later this evening I shall be going to my daughter for dinner, instead of tomorrow as she is off again to the IOW in the morning.
No cat duty for me as my grandson is not going.

Another one for blood tests. Good luck, Emjay, and glad dentist visit went ok. Was Minnie a pup when she was brought home?

Good morning everybody.

This morning I need to accompany Tony to the surgery for a health check with the nurse.
This could take all day! lol

This afternoon I’m taking him a walk round the canal basin & afterwards a drink at a waterside pub.

Have a good day everybody…

No Jan, she was supposed to be 1 or then 2, we never did find out the truth.

Good morning all .
Nothing planned for today
Have a wonderful day everyone .

Morning all.

Went for my blood test this morning, then parked the car up on the North Beach of Corton and walked a little way down the Beach, but the beach is dirty and not very nice.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning everybody.

I didn’t sleep very well last night - four hours at the most. Don’t know how I’m going to stay awake all day!!

Later this morning I’m going to the Alzheimer’s group with Tony. This will be the third time and he doesn’t really like it much so this will probably be the last time.

This afternoon a shop at Aldi.

No other plans.

Have a good day all…

Good morning all.
My blood test went well yesterday, the lady doing it was very good as there is no bruising that normally happens.
It is very warm out already.
I will not be doing much today and don’t expect that I will be getting any visitors.
I shall be doing my usual morning puzzles and games on my iPad. Still got lots of reading on my kindle,
Ho hum what fun.

Good morning all,

Today im going to the shops in the village to buy fruit,to far to walk down at this stage so going by bus .
The shops are 5 bus stops away , I would normaly walk it there and back .

The sweet williams I sowed are coming on nicely, I transplanted some out of the seed tray into individual pots .

Got stuck into the cleaning yesterday,which had only been done once over the last 5 weeks , emptied the hoover container twice , mostly dog hairs .
Ellie now allows me to go over her with the hoover brush , a small round brush much like her grooming one .Shes always seen the Hoover as a play mate , throwing her ball at it to knock back .

The Britain Bike ride will be coming through the village again this year in September ,last time Hubby and i went to the roadside to cheer them on , and i have him on video shouting at them to Dig In.
I will watch it with my Son this time and remember the past .

Have a wonderful day everyone .