Booster, are you up for it?

I am up for it but no word of flu vaccination or covid boosters up here where I live. It is 6 months since I had my 2nd covid vaccination.

Been flu jabbed , double vaxed and just had a reminder my booster is ready if I want it. If I get any more holes in my arm Iā€™ll have enough perforations to be able to tear it off . :smiley:

Hi

Yep, I got Covid in Hospital in CCU.

Transferred to Covid Ward, I was the oldest in my bay of Four and the only one to walk out, the 3 others died.

Getting Covid a second time is not a joke, the new variants can kill you.

1 Like

The first variant killed thousands too.

I will have my booster in November, it has to be 6 months after my second vaccination, also itā€™s just for the over 50s upwards.

Most people prefer to go to their GP as itā€™s often closer to home that a vaccination centre. Also the GPs tend to text before you get the message about other choices. At least that is what happened last time and seems to be happening again. But yes of course there is an incentive for all financially. But thatā€™s not just GPs. Lots of pharmacies are doing the vaccine too, but maybe harder to access the bookings.

Went for my Flu Jab, and Corvid booster, yesterday.

There was a ā€œwalk inā€ surgery at a school, nearby.

One of my own Surgery Doctors (as I used to call them) was there, doing the jabs.

He did the Flu jab, but refused to do the booster as the time between the last Corvid jab was not yet enough (6 months?) so Iā€™m booked in, to get it done, on Monday!

Have to go back again because of a one day gap in the dates!

Vaccination hubs are all nice & dandy for those with the transport and/or ability to reach the hubs, but for less mobile, then the GPā€™s or Pharmacy teams are the main point of contact.

1 Like

I had both my Booster and Flu jabs yesterday.

Booster in the left arm, Flu in the right arm. The whole process only took about 3 minutes. Had to sit for 15 minutes after to make sure we were ok.

Today I feel fine, just a bit of soreness in the Booster arm which has improved throughout the day.

Hope this gives confidence to those of you who are wondering if it is safe to have both vaccinations at the same time. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope all goes well for all of you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I had my booster shot yesterday at 1345 - I walked home with no problem but, an hour after my arrival at 1415, I was overcome with ā€œfatigueā€ so, eventually, I dragged myself to bed and slept for FOUR hours ā€¦ :sleeping_bed:

1 Like

It would be really interesting to know which vaccine people are having (manufacturer) and your experience with side effects. Iā€™m curious whether the booster is better or worse than the first round. I havenā€™t been invited to book a booster. Iā€™m not sure whether itā€™s over 50s or over 55s.

1 Like

All shots were Pfizer. No adverse reactions (my fatigue could have been caused by other factors).

Our surgery wasnā€™t doing the vaccinations so had to go to the hubs which wasnā€™t far away.
Our son who lives at Worcester had to go to Bromsgrove for his first but the second one was in Worcester town. We are still waiting for our booster, it has to be 6 months before youā€™re invited. Tesco are doing them so weā€™ll go there. Itā€™s for the over 60s at the moment.
We didnā€™t get any side effects, hubby had the astra zenica and I had the phizer, we had the flu vaccine a few weeks ago and nothing with that as well.

It seems confusion reigns in Melton !!
My GP refuses or is unable to get involved in the booster
programme ??
The 119 NHS number is unable to book me a booster jab in Melton town , but only at a centre a Ā£40 taxi trip away and donā€™t know if Melton will get a pop up centre soon, allthough we are
both a month overdue for one ?
My MP , who l ā€˜eā€™ mailed a week ago, " is aware of the problem"
And will contact me when she knows anything ??
My 90yr old neighbours granddaughter has had a message on
Facebook that Melton will start a walk in centre tomorrow to
run every Tues and weds , but no corroboration as yet ??
Our other aged neighbour will be going to see if the mythical
walk in centre is a reality tomorrow and will let us know !!
All of these enquiries took about 30 mins each to get zero
result!!
No wonder the NHS is under pressure !?!?
Donkeyman! :-1::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::-1:

Thatā€™s terrible @Donkeyman the NHS did well with the vaccinations so why canā€™t they do it the same now.

Yuck, that is so annoying, hope you get one soon

Iā€™m not due yet because itā€™s got to be six months after your second one but when itā€™s my turn Iā€™ll definitely have it

I was trying to explain to my friend who is very anxious to have hers that itā€™s no good having it before the six months is up because your immunity wonā€™t need boosting yet

1 Like

DM, sounds like Melton is in Meltdown. :biking_man:

2 Likes

@spitfire ,Ha! Ha! Yeah, Tom orrow is ā€˜Dā€™ Day though , when
our intrepid search party reports back on the search for the
mythical vac centre and l despatch another ā€˜eā€™ mail to our
caring Tory MP informing her of the results so fingers crossed !!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

1 Like

If itā€™s on offer then I will take it and any other help I can getā€¦

3 Likes

You may not be ā€œinvitedā€ to book a booster BUT you can book IF itā€™s been six months and one week since your last vaccination. Book up asap! OR go to a vaccine hub and ask if theyā€™ll do it then and there - say youā€™ve been unable to get an appointment!!!

2 Likes