Booster, are you up for it?

As my second jab was only 4 months ago I don’t think it is time for me to panic just yet

1 Like

Yes will definitely go for it. Already booked in for my flu jab

1 Like

Yes, both Mrs Zaphod & I will have what boosters are deemed necessary.
IMHO it is pointless having the first two only to refuse boosters.

2 Likes

I’ve read that Pfizer 1+2 lasts for six months after the final jab. AZ a bit longer but not sure how long

1 Like

Yes, I’ll certainly be willing to have a booster. But how can this be done as we seem to be heading for another lockdown!

Has something been announced? Hopefully not before the IoW festival

1 Like

No announcements yet, but infection rates, hospitalisations and deaths up up up…and the island seems to have increasingly high rates!!

Indeed it does … the Isle of Wight had 446 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 10 Aug-16 Aug. The average area in England had 300.

I blame those overners having minibreaks

1 Like

You’re probably right … :slightly_smiling_face:

Seaside areas are particularly hard-hit at the moment - elsewhere, I reported that Newquay has highest Covid infection rate in England:

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2021-08-19/newquay-has-highest-covid-rate-in-england-amid-fears-of-further-spike

At 1,000 cases per 100,000, the town’s infection rate is over 3 times the national average.

Visited GP surgery today for flu jab - booked in for COVID booster on October 16th.

:syringe:

1 Like

Ever since I can remember, I’ve always been up for anything legal, so the C-19 Pfizer booster will deffo be on my to-do list. Ya a long time dead, so when opportunity knocks, this old twang-man is always up for anything on offer :+1:

When this thread was originally posted, there were no parameters, now there are, only thing now its apparent there is hobson’s choice on the variation of vaccine on offer, not sure what to make of that. :biking_man:

I’m ready. Just waiting on the machine. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Sure am need to top up the microchips .

1 Like

Unbelievable! I can’t understand why GP surgeries are yet again allowed to give jabs when there are SO many vaccination hubs, specially staffed and equipped to give vaccinations & boosters. The GP’s need to get back to being real-life doctors… For most of us, the GP is a rarely spotted pre-covid individual rarely available and certainly not performing on a pre-pandemic basis! How I would hate to be older and less able to cope with “E-consults”…even with my basic computer knowledge, getting to grips with this SO-unprofessional, untried, untested ridiculous questionnaires, is SO DIFFICULT! By the time I finally get to the end of the wretched e-consult I am SO annoyed and SO exhausted…
The ONLY reason GP’s are not performing in a pre-pandemic manner is because THEY ARE BEING PAID £££££ TO PROVIDE VACCINATIONS…DESPITE VACCINATION HUBS BEING FULLY FUNDED. It’s nothing other than GREED…at the expense of our health! Protest and complain…repeat!

I should have mentioned that, although the admin is performed by the surgery, the actual vaccination takes place at the local (currently underused) Civic Centre … :mask:

No! :-1: :-1:

Both the boss and I are booked in for Flu and Covid Booster jabs for the 9th. I shall ask them if they can stick 'em both in the same hole.

Not heard anything about the booster, my flu jab is next Saturday 2nd Oct.