Bob's Bits.

I see you are blaming technology for your slowness of scribblings. Are you sure that is the real reason? :grin:

My Lovely Cousin and I visited Llandudno on our honeymoon, and took a tram-ride up to the top of Great Orme.

Have you seen any goats yet?

It’s a lovely place, and it’s a really nice and romantic idea to take your Mrs F there for her borfday.

Max is there, I won’t be in the general proximity until August Bank Holiday, you lot will be long gone by then. :smiley:

Thanks Fruity and Spitty.
Purchased some train tickets yesterday to go to Bangor as soon as we have finished breakfast. Apparently it’s a more civilized method of travel according to Michael Portillo…
I always try to find the high places for the best views, I happened on this vantage point to see the hotel (in yellow) and pier…

Lovely pics, and it looks like the weather is being kind to you both.

1 Like

Enjoy your break Bob, all that fresh sea air will do you good. :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks Mags and Fruitcake…
Managed to find our way to Bangor and what a run down deserted place it was. Very disappointing. Debenhams was left abandoned in the city centre, and every other shop was either a charity shop or second hand mobile phone shop. After spending some time waiting outside said charity shops while Mrs Fox rummaged through assorted Items I went off in search of the sea front and the pier.
I bumped into a couple who were also searching and had no luck. We asked a passer by where we might find the pier, it turned out that she was looking too…The bloke reckoned he wished he’d gone to Canaervon instead.
We did eventually find the pier after a long hot walk, but after taking lunch there we decided to head back to the station and return home.
The train ride was brilliant though…

1 Like

hasn’t changed much then. Apparently Anglesey is very nice.

2 Likes

Foxy, the journey was always better than the destination, that maybe because there was never any great expectation placed upon the journey.

2 Likes

Sounds similar to our trip to Morcambe a few years back. :blush:

2 Likes

Nice to see you Annie… :hugs:
I heard the weather was going to take a turn for the worse at the weekend, so a walk up the great Orme today, and perhaps the little Orme tomorrow. Looks like shopping on Saturday… :roll_eyes:

A brilliant statement Spitty, and one that I’ve always subscribed to.
A bit like life really… :+1:

Thanks Barry, I agree with you about Morcambe, it’s best if you’re only passing through… I suspect Bangor is a bit more lively when the university is in term, although perhaps covid has closed many shops.

1 Like

Wasn’t it that comedian Colin Crompton who used to continually joke about Morcambe? I always remember one of the jokes… “In Morcambe in the summer they have to stand dead people up in the bus shelters, to try to make the place look busy” :smile:

2 Likes

Thursday…
Walked up the Great Orme so I could add it to my bagged trig point list, even though I had visited it many times previous, but they don’t count.
Mrs Fox really struggled in the hot weather with her bad knee, but stuck it out. She said that it would be the last time she walks up there…

We did manage the walk back down on the road. Great views, but watch out for the trams…

Caught sight of the Rams while coming down…

Friday…
Made the five mile round trip up the Little Orme solo today while Mrs Fox wandered around the shops. It was quite a pull up this climb because the paths are not as good and another hot day, but no tourists. In fact I only saw two other people doing the Welsh Coast walk.

I spent quite a while admiring the view and thinking about life.
Llandudno Bay is splendid viewed from here with the Great Orme (yesterday’s climb) in the distance, and the hotel right at the very end of the marine drive. Time to walk back now…

1 Like

You’re a devil for punishment Bob! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: you can’t resist a climb but it was lovely to see you almost back in your old routine. Well done on managing both Great Orme and Little Orme!

Beautiful pics of your holiday and you couldn’t have had better weather.

Belated birthday greetings to Mrs Fox.

1 Like

Lovely piccies Bob. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

oh wow, these pics are superb. Thank you for sharing Foxy, I love the goat pic, they look to be laughing lol. really cheered me up. xxx

1 Like

That is so sad OGF, can you cajole her?

1 Like

Lovely pics Mr Bob! And the weather for it.

1 Like

Hello Mr Bits!! - inspiring pics of some still beautiful countryside in the homelands! - would you say that the british tourist trade is still in the doldrums or there may be a revival taking place?? serious question bob - would be interested in your views?

1 Like

Thanks everyone, we have been lucky with the weather. Yes Mags I can’t resist a good climb as long as I take it steady. Mrs Fox thanks you for the birthday wishes and for about six weeks she will be older than me…Ha Ha Ha…Bob the Toyboy!.. :sunglasses:
Thanks Fruitcake, love sharing the pictures with some good friends… :hugs:
Thanks Lion Queen, it seemed like the goats were posing for us, I think they must be used to having their photo taken. A bit like me really… :sunglasses:
Spitty, Mrs Fox has an appointment for the end of July to see if they can do anything with her knee. If they can, she will probably beat me up those hills later in the year when we visit the lake district.
Thanks Besoeker, Llandudno must be one of the best places in the UK when the sun is shining. There is so much to explore even though we have been coming here for many years.
Thanks Gumbud. Not so many people here as other years and two of the biggest hotels have closed down and look sad and abandoned. The Premier Inn chain have just finished renovating a building that has been derelict for years. I think the tendency these days is for the cheaper basic hotels instead of the large posh ones. Many small shops and businesses have closed since our last visit, I don’t think many places have recovered from covid.

plus I guess the british want guaranteed sunshine in Spain etc possible at the same price as british hotel chains??

1 Like