Bob's Bits.

A lot cheaper in Spain also Gumbud. You could get a fortnight in Spain at a five star hotel for what it’s cost us for one week in Llandudno.

We took the bus for an hours ride today to see Bodmant Gardens, although we didn’t get the expected rain it was very cold and I had to wear everything that I’d packed in my rucksack and was still cold. I’ve only just warmed up after the evening meal back at the hotel. Mrs Fox wasn’t feeling too good and has taken to her bed with a couple of paracetamol. Hope she’s feeling better in the morning so we can walk the toll road all the way round the Great Orme (about five miles) It’s customary on the last day.

Hi Bob, I hope your wife is feeling better today and you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Thanks Mags…
Although she was feeling better she wasn’t up to the five mile walk around the Orme, so I went round on my own and we met later in our favourite cafe’…The cafe’ was under new management and my! how they could charge… :open_mouth: £11 for a jacket spud with beans and cheese…We both settled for the £8 cheese and onion toastie…Not much change out of a twenty pound note when you add on a pot of tea…She should have worn a mask with a pistol on her hip… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though, I struggled a bit on some of the climbs, I don’t think I’m 100%. We returned to the hotel for a kip and to start packing. We leave Llandudno for home tomorrow.

1 Like

Glad Mrs Fox was feeling better today and yes, she was wise not to overdo things with that 5 mile walk.

Gosh Bob, was that a 5 star cafe you went to?! :astonished: It’s a wonder they get any business at all!

Safe journey home to you both tomorrow.

1 Like

It’s been almost one year since Mrs Fox and me got the dreaded Covid and so much has happened in my life over the past two years and not all good…One of the reasons I haven’t been writing in Bobs Bits much, I don’t like writing negatively that’s not me…
Anyway, since covid and the realisation that my heart is not as good as it once was, I’ve been managing to keep up with some decent exercise, regular walking and even adding a short burst of jogging. Last month I cleaned up the bike and returned it to road worthy ness’ and am now doing a couple of fifteen milers per week, with the odd twenty two. The buttocks are no longer complaining about the saddle, and I’ve knocked five minutes off my time on a good day…
I’ve had a bit of a problem though, going out on my five mile walks with some jogging, had me staggering to the sofa for the rest of the day, and I’ve not been able to do any jobs around the house. So I’m trying out a new training regime.

Each day instead of walking five miles, I’ve been going out first thing and running just one mile. Obviously, one mile of running in one gulp is impossible at the moment, but hopefully if I persist, perhaps it will be possible to run a whole mile in the future. I have missed my running so much, and it feels so good to be out again even if I have to walk some, and after a shower and some breakfast I still have enough energy to work down my ever expanding list of jobs.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.
Keep at it lad; you will eventually find a regime that works for you both physically and mentally. You just need to find the right balance. The hardest part is knowing how far to push yourself before you overdo things.

2 Likes

Bob, it’s good to see you back in the ‘Bits’ corner again. :+1:

Well done for continuing with your new fitness regime even though it’s not as strenuous as before. The secret is to enjoy what you are doing but don’t try to push yourself beyond your limits.

Accept the years are creeping up and ‘we’ can’t be expected to do what we used to do10-20 years ago. :wink:

Thanks Fruitcake and Mags, it’s good to be back in Bobs Bits again, and it’s good to be doing something that I feel like writing about.
Going up to Keswick with Mrs fox next Monday for five days, it’ll be nice to have a break but I doubt we will be doing much because Mrs Fox is waiting to hear about having a new knee. So plenty of touring and shopping. I’ll try and scamper off up a mountain on one of the days. I promise not to overdo it Mags…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice one.

1 Like

Bob I wish ya wouldn’t keep showin ya bits around here - there are ladies swooning all over the place?

How lovely - it is a beautiful place. Looking forward to the photos.

1 Like

I don’t think there would be much ‘Swooning’ over my bits Gummy…

Thanks Tabby… :+1:
Photos on their way if the sun if out…

1 Like

I’ve just looked up Keswick and it looks a lovely place Bob.

I hope you and Mrs Fox enjoy your break, it will be nice to get away for a few days.

Keswick and environs is lovely. My Lovely Cousin and I spent a week in Lake District as part of our honeymoon. Don’t forget to stock up on Kendal Mint Cake for energy.

Thanks Mags, we prefer Keswick to Bowness on Windermere where it can get a bit commercial and busy. In Keswick the mountains are higher and the scenery is breathtaking, and altogether more laid back.

1 Like

Thanks Fruitcake, I’m never without some Kendal Mint Cake in my rucksack. So glad you enjoyed Keswick on your honeymoon, perfect for some landscape photography…
:mountain_snow:

1 Like

With those gorgeous legs? Catch me - I’m falling!

2 Likes

You’re a good man and I’m pleased that you over the Covid. And that you are still running some. My cousin’s husband still does Marathons - clocked up his 100th a few months ago. Mad but he does it for a good cause.

Are you still doing the electronic projects?

2 Likes

Thank’s Besoeker and well done to the runner, that is an amazing feet (feat). I’ve known and ran with quite a few marathon runners who have achieved their 100 marathons and they all get my respect and admiration…
:+1:
Electronics was my first love, even before running, and now that I’m arriving at the autumn of my running career electronics features more each day and only time and a nagging wife (only joking) stand in my way. I am currently working on a security project for the house, there are many facets to it and it will remain work in progress for a while longer yet.
It comprises of a laser, a transmitter, and a camera. And did I mention the drive announcer which has been in use using a PIR for many years now but will be upgraded when I get the laser and transmitter operational.
The only problem is, I seem to get sidetracked with other interesting projects.

1 Like