Boasting parents / grandparents

:069:

Well I never…

1 Like

Yeah, it can boring but you have to be a bit kindly, don’t you? If it’s a big, lovely thing in someone’s life, I can spare a few minutes to listen and be happy for them

The one’s who get on my bits are the competitive boasters,

You know, the one’s whose children, grandchildren,house,garden,cars,holidays etc always have to be better than yours.

You tell them your daughter’s moved in to a new house and they tell you about their daughter who’s got “room for a pony”!

Sometimes I tease a bit and keep going one better than their story to see how far they’ll go. Or I do the reverse and make my life sound gruesome “Oh well, my daughter’s very pleased she lives indoors now…”, just to see their face :rofl:

2 Likes

What do you mean Minx ?
:man_shrugging:

There are lots of threads here about words, like “Bakers Dozen” which I don’t participate in because I don’t personally like that sort of thing BUT what I would never do is start a thread saying “Forum word games” with my first post in that new thread being “are boring” because IMHO that would be rude and I know that it would provoke disagreement.

2 Likes

I’m just teasing :smiling_imp:

This thread has nothing to do with Word Games on the forum :thinking:

He was just giving a for instance, that was all, if you scroll further up you will see,:hugs:

It was in reply to an earlier post and a question by another poster as a comparison to demonstrate what might constitute acceptable etiquette.
:innocent:

You can always take your own advice if you don’t like a thread pass on by .
Admit it you can’t pass up a chance to stick your own self righteous two cents worth in :slight_smile:

… but it is the OP own opinion of some people, not all people.

And is nobody else allowed to make their own opposing comments or voice their own opinions?

Anyone stopping you ?

C’mon guys, can we stop bickering. Muddy stated that she find people who boast about their grandchildren, boring. Lets just leave it at that shall we?

1 Like

Well you are trying to for a start, or what do you call this:

:wink:

I call it quoting your own advice as you say you don’t have to listen to boasting grandparents in the same way you don’t have to read this thread .

I would like nothing more because, let’s be honest, it is getting beyond silly.

1 Like

Lastworditus .

3 Likes

I just want to know why some Grandparents say “We love having the Grandkids but, its good to give them back”. :grinning: :biking_man:

Probably they are exhausted by the energy of small children I always admire grandparents who have taken on the care of grandchildren for one reason or another .

Because Grandparents get to have all the fun without the tears or cleaning up afterwards?

If my kids had had kids my life would have been very different & probably not for the better either. As it is our line dies out with my Daughter.