Bit of a fright this morning

Had to giggle at the ‘I’m taking my leg to the doctor’ :-p
Pictured it under yer arm for some reason …

But - I do hope you get that sorted and quickly x

Well it might come to that I just rang and I can get an appointment in 6 weeks time - so it may have fallen off by then :wink: Think I will wander along to the walk in clinic it may be a long wait but it’s better than 6 weeks :mrgreen:

Its good to hear that Betty has had a better night and eaten something, and that Elsie has been out for a walk and getting used to dogs around again.

With lots of love from you and yours it all helps in the healing process.

I’m shocked at the response you got !
You can’t wait 6 weeks, go to the clinic or at least a pharmacist - the surgery is crazy to make you wait :twisted:

Surprised me too I did think with injuries they may see people quicker but our surgery is always a bit slow so I guess I should have expected it.

6 weeks Julie, I should change your Doctor!! Hope your leg gets better soon. I am so glad that your doggies are doing well.

I take it now the family have vanished any hopes of getting your vet bills paid have vanished with them too…

Not necessarily the police know where they are, still have one of them in custody apparently. We have spoken to our solicitor and she is onto it. On going costs and pain and suffering. It’s adding up.

Perhaps, if it is covered by insurance you should seek private consultation with regard to your leg, after all it could turn to sceptacaemia within days.

Good luck with getting your leg seen to Julie. I would say that is your priority now. Actually I’m surprised you weren’t given antibiotics as a matter of precaution, right from the beginning.

Glad to hear the little uns are a little better. That is great news. Next news I want to hear is that your leg is getting proper medical attention.

I am on antibiotics perhaps they aren’t the right ones ? I think different infections need different meds ?

They might need to take a swab and do a culture test. I know for instance that urine samples are tested against certain antibiotics and the test (if positive) determines which ones are best for prescribing to the patient.

So yes it is quite possible that you are on the incorrect type for your wound.

What is the antibiotic you are on? Sounds as though it may be the wrong one or an inadequate dose if your leg is getting worse. Definitely needs looking at and/or swabbing. And not in six weeks!!
Glad your little ones are showing some improvement.

That is true, but also, are you up to date with your Tetanus jabs Julie?

Yes had tetanus jab at the hospital, previous one was 3 years ago so I should be covered for that. They took a swab and gave me more of the same they said the dose may have been too low. It looks a bit better today less inflamed.

Betty had another good night and is eating fairly well, certainly made short work of half a carrot this morning, never known a Chihuahua who loves carrots so much !

Elsie went for an evening walk with Steven last night and was OK but when I tried to take her out this morning we had a refusal to leave the flat, it’s me she has lost confidence in doesn’t help I am shaking even though I know the dog is not there, I am passing on my fear to her :frowning:

I am sure if you all went out for a walk together Julie, Elsie will start having more confidence and you also.

I realise it may not be possible at the moment with Betty still poorly. But give it a few more days for you all.

I have got Betty’s little back pack papoose out so we can take her out with us - we are planning a walk at the weekend where we will all be going so hopefully we can all start to get over it a bit. Will be a while before Betty can walk herself as the bites are just where her harness sits so it has to heal before we can put it on her.

Hope you all recover soon. X

Little update Betty has removed her own Tummy stiches but the vet says it’s healed enough not to need restitching, Friday he will take out the ones on her back and he thinks that is doing well too. Elsie was back at vet yesterday too as her ear suddenly ballooned up, the vet says it a hematoma (not sure of spelling sorry) and she now has a drain in it, so to her absolute horror has the cone of shame on now !
My leg has gone black and blue and yellow really attractive.

Nathan met the couple who owns the dog on Sunday afternoon in town and a nasty encounter that turned out to be causing the woman to be arrested again, what annoys me most is they instantly assumed because he is a big lad and black he was the cause of the trouble - took several witnesses to convince the police he was just walking along when she attacked HIM :twisted: but he is fine just a bit of hurt pride and bruising. Police say she won’t be allowed out now until she has been to court. Worries me what has happened to their little boy but no one will tell which I guess is for his best.

Good gracious Julie, this woman sounds like a real screwball who should be locked up for the safety of her neighbours and no doubt herself. Glad to hear Betty is doing well but oh dear, poor Elsie, I hope her ear is better soon.