Bit of a fright this morning

How awful for your two dogs and yourself Julie. I hope that the matter is resolved quickly and that all three of you get well soon.

Clumsy I couldn’t believe what I was reading in your post. That was dreadful. Doesn’t cast a very good light on the police that dealt with it does it?

I agree Uff, but they probably closed ranks.

Yes I’m sure that you are right Jazzi. Dreadful isn’t it?

Uff and Jazzi, I can assure you that what I said is the honest truth, but Jazzi is right, they do close ranks. Despite the numerous complaints from the residents in our area who were affected by this policeman, his wife, also a police woman, who incidentally was completely crazy, and his police friends, all we ever got were excuses and promises from their superiors. Then they wonder why the public have very little faith in the police.

Exactly, Cass. Couldn’t agree more.

Little update Betty is very sore, but able to walk better this evening, my husband sat on the floor with her while I was at work and managed to help her get into a position to go to the loo, she was struggling terribly to go, obviously just too painful for her, Elsie went out with me when I got back from work she is scared of her own shadow but we managed a short walk before she decided she needed to bolt for home.

Nathan came with us and has offered to stay the weekend to try to help Elsie get out and about - he is really good with her and she seems to trust him more than me at the moment.

Was talking to the chap round the corner with 3 German shepherds he was telling me he thinks he knows where the dog is and is was going home to ring the police to tell them. So hopefully they will be able to pick it up. We will feel safer if they do.

Pleased to hear what the neighbour is going to do - good for her !
What a rotten time - hope all progresses well now and everyone can settle and the little doggies too x

Julie, did you eventually make it to hospital to have your own wound sorted out?

I hope that all three of you are recovering this morning and am glad the ‘authorities’ are doing something about it.

Yes I had to go so they would report it as a human dog bite, that’s the only reason anyone is actually doing anything about this. Mine is nothing compared to Elsie and Betty though, just needed a tetanus and some antibiotic cream. Bit uncomfortable sitting down as it’s back of my leg but nothing to worry about.

All’s quiet here today apparently last night the police arrested the woman who owns the dog as she is obstructing their enquiries - I missed that as I was at work but Steven said she didn’t go willingly.

Thanks for the update, Julie. Those poor little pets of yours, still feeling in pain and traumatised! Hope the dog’s owner remains under police questioning for awhile.

I do hope the dog owner is fined and never allowed to have the dog back. Some people should never be allowed near animals. I hope you and your two get over the incident.

Thanks for the updates Julie … as I’m reading this thread to see how you and your furry friends are getting on.

Well … I hope the dog owner landed herself in a heap of trouble with the police.
I would say … wear your own bite with pride … think of it as a war wound.
but it comes to something that it has to come to this to get anything done about a dangerous dog.

To me its a dog fighter and they will protect that dog from anyone even
though they might go to jail. They get money from its fighting.
Any dog worth its salt does not attack a female dog and this attacked
two. My good wishes are with you Julie and your poor little dogs.
We had a tom cat like that around here who attacked my neutered male and female cats
It had not been castrated and had some disease of the brain.
It cost me £550 just because someone had not had it neutered.
This is a few years ago so it was a lot then.
I personally in your situation would have got the dog shot by someone
even though I love animals you cant allow a dangerous dog around.
Once it stepped beyond the limit of like it needs removing from the
world. Shame I know as its not the dogs fault, pity you cant do it
with the owner as well.

Betty won’t eat her dinner so she sat with me and had a bit of cauliflower cheese (her favourite) and a tiny bit of pear crumble and custard and is now snoozing on Steven’s lap. Elsie hasn’t been put off her food and managed her dinner and Betty’s :wink: She is lazing on the floor with her head in Grace’s lap as Grace reads her a story - half way through Stig of the dump at the moment.

We are all having a lazy day really just trying to heal and get over the shock of it all.

Betty has vet on Monday and I am going to take Elsie too just to check her ear and see if she needs anything on it now as it seems a bit oozy to me.

You paint a lovely picture Julie
Hope in a few days normality will reign x

Aree with both sentences! I was picturing everybody. :smiley:

Am glad to hear that the dog owner has been arrested - I hope it leads to a punishment for her - not just a slap on the wrist - and also hope it doesn’t have unpleasant repercussions for you and your family, Julie. These people can sometimes be vindictive.

How are your furry patients this morning ?

Elsie’s ear seems drier this morning sort of scabbing over which I think is how it should look, she is being such a good girl having her tablets and the cream on her ear, just sits patiently while we do it and it must hurt !
Betty is having problems getting into position to poo and wee so for the time being we are having to help her do that, she is very quiet and subdued for her she is usually on the go all the time. But the wounds look OK they look better than Elsie’s but obviously she is hurt inside making it sore for her to move around too much.
All they both really want is cuddles and we have enough people here at the moment that they are being cuddled as much as they want all the time !

Nathan and Steven got Elsie out earlier for short walk and it became obvious she now doesn’t like other dogs and just wants to run away if she sees one. So we will have to work on that one. Need to go and meet the friendly dogs she has always played with next week.

Awwww. And how are you?

Meeting the previous ‘friendly’ dogs is a good idea
Good thing you are a close family x