BEWARE Smart Meters Coming

My meter also tells me how much CO2 I have put into the air…its 7.421 kg

Also am suffering from the worst heartburn for years…it might be the meter that has caused this…will turn it off tomorrow or take an indigestion tablet to see what happenes

Off to bed.

Heating off…today has cost me £2.25 so far.:blush:

We have had them for years. Otherwise the utility used to actually have people come out once a month, trudge through the snow or rain or whatever, then on to the next home or farm. Not cost effective. Also, now one can get more information, compare what you used this month versus the same month last year, average temperatures, costs, etc.

OMG its 5am cost 53p so far.

Bloody hell. Generally speaking, I agree with Yanks less often than I agree with Poms …
but this bloke makes sense.

Sorry Realist. I hate the whole Big Brother thing as much as you do - but in this case, it just seems like a reasonable use of modern technology.
Unless you can prove that there is real danger from radiation.
(I remember well all the scares about that with phones, microwaves, Wi-fi etc etc etc etc )

Ok, its a wide area Pummy, but first off, given that there are $trillion industries surrounding mobile phones and all the associated attached industries, like apps, GPS, payment by phone, global surveillance etc, are you really expecting to find concrete evidence of health issues widely available on the Net? You’re an intelligent chap, so what level of proof are you expecting?

Just reckon that if any genuine scientist had evidence that there was cause for serious concern he/they could make their views known.

I do not believe that such info could be effectively censored off the internet - but even if it were, the whole media would need to be ‘got at’ - all newspapers, TV, radio stations, courts etc etc in every country.

Even then, said scientists could lobby MPs to raise the matter in parliaments - and given our adversarial system, they would be heard.

No group, however powerful, could close all those doors.
It defies human nature.

Makes you wonder though if all those RF waves are cooking your brains. Look what happens in a ‘microwave’?

OK then Pummy. Let’s take a look at the following evidence concerning mobile phone radiation. I presume you would accept that if mobile phones cause cancers and health issues then the same is true of Smart Meters.

http://biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2016/05/26/055699.full.pdf

"The US National Toxicology Program (NTP) has carried out extensive rodent toxicology and carcinogenesis studies of radiofrequency radiation (RFR) at frequencies and modulations used in the US telecommunications industry.

This report presents partial findings from these studies. The occurrences of two tumor types in male Harlan Sprague Dawley rats exposed to RFR, malignant gliomas in the brain and schwannomas of the heart, were considered of particular interest, and are the subject of this report. [u]The findings in this report were reviewed by expert peer reviewers selected by the NTP and National Institutes of Health (NIH)[/I].

This report contains peer-reviewed, neoplastic and hyperplastic findings only in the brain and heart of Hsd:Sprague Dawley® SD® (HSD) rats exposed to RFR starting in utero and continuing throughout their lifetimes.

These studies found low incidences of malignant gliomas in the brain and schwannomas in the heart of male rats exposed to RFR of the two types [Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) and Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM)] currently used in U.S. wireless networks. Potentially preneoplastic lesions were also observed in the brain and heart of male rats exposed to RFR. The review of partial study data in this report has been prompted by several factors.

Given the widespread global usage of mobile communications among users of all ages, even a very small increase in the incidence of disease resulting from exposure to RFR could have broad implications for public health."

Then this:

"International Agency for Research on Cancer
On Tuesday, May 31, more than two dozen scientists and doctors from 14 countries —a group IARC Director Christopher Wild called “the world’s leading experts”— issued a joint statement that cell phone and other types of radiofrequency (RF) and microwave radiation might cause cancer.

Long-term use of a cell phone might lead to two different types of tumors, glioma, a type of brain cancer, and acoustic neuroma, a tumor of the auditory nerve.

“This is a game changer, there is no question,” said David Carpenter, the director of the Institute for Health and the Environment at the University of Albany. “It confirms what we have been seeing for many years —though now we have evidence in animals as well as in humans.” Carpenter went on to add, “The NTP has the credibility of the federal government. It will be very difficult for the naysayers to deny the association any longer.” Carpenter’s institute is a collaborating center of the World Health Organization (WHO).”

Better stop listening to Radio then also:

A major radio station, by contrast, usually transmits with 50,000 times as much power
PG&E Systems

Surely Shadowman, the radio receiver only receives what is already there. We are being flooded with RF frequencies whether we tune into them or not. Admittedly, all receiving equipment [be it TV or Radio] also transmit powerful signals. And as you are probably already aware, the difference between a ‘Transmitter’ and a ‘Receiver’ is minimal.

PS:- Thanks for the interesting link Shadowman.

Yes this is true and in cities this gets worse with all the various transmissions.

However the issue I think comes down to the frequencies used and the strength of the signal. You’d happily listen to a radio station broadcasting at around 100 MHz.

On the other hand a microwave oven cooks food using a frequency of 2.45 GHz. You wouldn’t enjoy sticking your head inside !

A Smart Meter operates typically in the 902 MHz and 2.4 GHz bands.

In the USA the energy companies mislead people saying their meters will only transmit 2-3 times a day. People with EMF meters have proved that this is tosh and that the meters are pinging away every minute.

A good deal of that is because the energy companies use Smart Meters as a mesh network which means each meter can communicate with all the other meters within range and does so constantly. It’s how the company helps to get the signals from individual homes over to the nearest base station hopping from one house to the next. In fact some 90% of the EMF “chatter” recorded by people with meters is just the devices talking to each other rather than it being the transmission of the data from your home energy usage.

This means you are being bombarded by EMF radiation in those frequencies on pretty much a 24x7 basis. The strength of the signal varies at different times and the energy companies again mislead people by saying the average strength is low. The measure is meaningless. It’s like gently tapping someone on the head with a hammer every minute of the day and then viciously smacking them with it on the hour each hour. There will be 24 instances of intense hits combined in with 1416 gentle taps. So if you take the average strength it will appear very low. Not much comfort when your head is caved in every hour !

Mate, I have not yet read the link or the rest of your posts -
but just to respond to this first bit (above) …

“Not necessarily.
Folk don’t tend to hold Smart Meters in contact with their heads for long periods every day.
But also, if man avoided every single thing that some scientist, pseudo-scientist or group reckon is carcinogenic,
we would all run around naked, use no cleaning products and very likely starve to death.”

NOW, I’ll try to wade through the rest of your stuff. :lol:

But even that would not help us escape those pesky Gamma Rays and Neutrinos bearing down on us non stop. And of course the dangers of being arrested while naked would exceed the dangers of electromagnetic fields. You could end up in a cell with power lines running over it. Things sound so much more interesting when they are a “cover-up”.

Years back I read a book called, The Great Power Line Cover-Up by Paul Brodeur. It discussed similar concerns and some are mentioned here: http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/emf.html

:023: Shadow

Yep I’m sure they do but one should not dismiss them. The powers that be have established psycological conditioning techniques to make us dismiss things if they are labelled a certain way. Indeed the very term “conspiracy theory” is now a throwaway term. Want to cover something up? Just put out some media content and throw in the term conspiracy theory and a large proportion of the Sheeple won’t pay it any further heed, job done.

Wherever there are $billions to be made you will find controversies and cover ups. In today’s globalised world, controlled by greedy corporations, your health is of no priority or value, only profit and control counts.

Here we are talking about the $billions that energy providers will make from rolling out Smart Meters and changing the way they charge for your energy usage. They don’t care if your brain is being irradiated 24x7 from their networks of meters.

We could equally be talking about Monsanto’s campaign to control the world’s food supply by using GM modified crops.
Crops like corn that produces tumours in rats like these:

With so much money at stake, probably many $trillions and the dominance of the food chain, you surely can’t expect to get the truth from any mainstream media.

Excellent Post Realist…:023:

OR - is it remotely possible that the vast, vast bulk of 'conspiracy theoriesare in fact, pure bunkum ?

25 weirdest internet conspiracy theories

20 Bizarre Conspiracy Theories And Their Origins

Worst 100 Nutty Conspiracy Theories of All Time
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Worst_100_Nutty_Conspiracy_Theories_of_All_Time

Sometimes a bit hard to separate the wheat from the chaff - particularly when a theory’s defender is so damned adamant.
(But they all are)

No comments on the report then Pummy that highlights the adverse health impacts of mobile telephony and related devices?