Betting Odds On The Next Tory Leader

Truss the Terrible is so incompetent that she’s a danger not only to herself and the UK but to the rest of the world and the future of humanity in this galaxy and beyond … :scream_cat:

If you say so…

Maybe we need a new iron lady .

1 Like

I do … she can’t find her way out of a room … :man_shrugging:

Yes,look how that turned out indeed!

Nope, we need someone who we can trust.

1 Like

There’s some one in the commons that can carry that poisoned chalice ?

The odds might be longer but a flutter on tonights Euro lottery would be more fun .

1 Like

I don’t look at the bookies odds re political events because I want to have a flutter - I look at them because bookies odds are usually pretty accurate and up to date - they keep their ear to the ground and are very good at forecasting a Candidate’s chances in elections - often much better than media pundits.

Only the best PM we ever had!

6 Likes

Ok…if you say so :joy: But I’ll give you this…at least she was direct and followed through on what she said would happen. I have taken to thinking the opposite will happen when BJ makes a decision, because he is so unstable.

1 Like

The trouble with odds is that they merely reflect the money people have put on the candidates, it is unlikely that the 300 or so MPs could bet enough to change the odds but they are the only ones in the know.

https://www.paddypower.com/politics/uk-party-leaders

There’s a turn-up for the books … :astonished:

Just means that someone has put a large sum on Liz Truss, only a poll of MPs tells you what her real chance of becoming PM is (I presume sitting Tory MPs elect the PM)

Thank you for stating the the obvious (again) … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Absolute pleasure. Glad to have been of assistance.

Of course you are … :wink:

1 Like

So Truss is favourite to lose the next general election.

Just been listening to Mary Lou Mcdonald speaking in Oz at the Press Club She was speaking directly to all Irish peoples in Oz [why not the world] and suggesting almost that it was a good time to come home and swell the numbers for a united ireland - Omg - I can feel the ground shuddering!! she stated lets end partition and make Ireland a united republic?

I have never understood why Britain didn’t take the opportunity during the Brexit negotiations to rid itself of Northern Ireland, it would save it a lot of money, remove an ongoing problem and take credit for a united Ireland.

My brother told me that Eire is not keen to get N Ireland back but I don’t know if that is true.