Betting Odds On The Next Tory Leader

Off to the bookies tomoorow Omah.

1 Like

And to the spelling section,tut.

2 Likes

You can change it if you wish, BV? Although not sure if there is a time out on doing thisā€¦if not, just click on the pencil icon in your reply and edit. (For any mistakes tomorrow :wink: )

Do you like Ben Wallace? @Omah I know heā€™s the man for your area, but do you think he is up to the Job?

1 Like

Iā€™ve never met Ben Wallace so I canā€™t ā€œlikeā€ him. TBH, I have not had much to do with the local Conservative Party, either ā€¦ :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

However, Wallace has been the local MP for 17 years, heā€™s very popular and his seat is safe. Although he attended a minor public school, he didnā€™t go to university but, instead, went on to Sandhurst and became an officer in the Scots Guards, seeing service at home and abroad. A Toryā€™s a Tory, though, and at one time, he was notorious for clocking up excessive ā€œexpensesā€. Nevertheless, AFAIK, there are no skeletons in his closet and, should BJ be ejected, thereā€™s no doubt that he would be a steady pair of hands for an interim, maybe longer.

1 Like

Just checkingā€¦!

:smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much for that information Pixie Knuckles.

1 Like

My dentist knows him and ā€œlikesā€ him and I like my dentist, if thatā€™s any indication of his suitability as a PM. Wallace is the opposite of BJ - where BJ is always talking about ā€œgetting on with the jobā€, Wallace just ā€œgets on with the jobā€.

2 Likes

I think that is what we need (regardless of the party they come from) Someone who just gets on with it. Actions speak louder than words :+1:

1 Like

Well, heā€™s a Tory and theyā€™re all the same really.

Heā€™s got a history of being lavish with the expense account and employing his wife, dim enough to fall for a hoax call, voted against gay marriage and consistently voted for benefit cuts and against increases in benefits for the sick and disabled.

And against higher tax on banks and bankers bonuses.

He was a Remainer, then went along with Brexit after the Referendum, voting against letting EU nationals stay and always against closer EU integration, so a hypocrite and a turncoat, willing to go along with what he knows to be bad for our country for popularity sake

What a guy!

But that said, so far he seems to be comparatively honest and have some integrity, so heā€™d definitely be an improvement on Johnson

I put my money on Tugendhat a few months ago when he was 17-1 :horse_racing::horse_racing:

The famous marine mammal has now turned her incredible intellect to UK politics, making another startling prediction - that Mr Johnsonā€™s successor as Prime Minister will be the current Defence Secretary, Ben Wallace.

I saw that slimey creep Steve Baker waffling on this afternoon.
I couldnā€™t stand him within minutes of watching him.
He was boasting all about his sincerity, integrity, ability, honesty . . . . and so on.

Why are these people so pumped up and full of 'emselves? Grrr . . .

2 Likes

A Remainer PM? Perish the thought - he, along with slimy snake Jeremy Hunt, should be barred from entering the fray.

1 Like

Wallace was a Remainer too, though?

So sposing I donā€™t like whoever gets voted in? Can I demand a referendum?

And along with all those who stomped their little feet and walked out of their jobs.
As Iā€™ve said previously, theyā€™re all only in it for the prestige and the money, none of 'em give a toss about us.

2 Likes

But at least he seems to have integrity and is up to doing the job heā€™s been doing thus far.

1 Like

And he once said;

ā€œI believe in the Conservative Party,ā€ he went on. ā€œI believe the people of this country are basically Tories even if sometimes they vote Labourā€

RUDE! I canā€™t think of anything more insulting :rofl:

Depends on how many attempts it takes to get the result you want. :slight_smile:

Yes, Iā€™m not sure you can be a Tory and have integrity but as far as they can go, he does seem to be fairly true to what he says he believes, so far

And he seems reasonably competent at what heā€™s been doing

Di you think Tugendhat doesnā€™t have integrity then? Why?