Betting Odds On The Next Tory Leader

I’ll probably be done down for this , but I think Ms Sturgeon makes a very good politician May…
:+1:

2 Likes

I agree Rab,She’s the best Politician I’ve ever known,and Scotland will never have another First Minister as dedicated as She is to Her Country…I’ll certainly be sorry to see Her go…but …hey…this is Politics…who knows what way the wind will be blowing in 15 months time :thinking:

2 Likes

I do agree, May…I think she has been amazing at getting us through Covid. I just wish she had a bit more in her political handbook than independence. Although I realise that is what SNP stand for, but I want to know whats after independence, should it happen.

I’ve said this before, but I’d vote for JRM before anyone else.
Unfortunately, he doesn’t want the job. In addition, I believe that many Conservative voters wouldn’t want him ‘because he talks posh’! What a pathetic attitude. I certainly don’t ‘talk posh’ but how people speak is of no importance in my mind.

1 Like

Well I hope I’m still alive to witness it if it ever happens, :grin:…which I doubt,

Bankruptcy!

Hrrmph! You don’t know that though. It would be hard, but…no country which has become independent has actually failed at it, have they?

Gove’s just been fired by BJ…ha ha…hell mend Him…it just gets better, :laughing:

1 Like

Suella’s 30/1

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-conservative-leader

Most Popular Bets

Rishi Sunak (13/2)
Liz Truss (15/2)
Jeremy Hunt (12/1)
Penny Mordaunt (4/1)
Tom Tugendhat (12/1)
Others

Rishi Sunak

Liz Truss

Sajid Javid

Jeremy Hunt

Michael Gove

Nadhim Zahawi

Penny Mordaunt

Tom Tugendhat

Ben Wallace

Details are in the article.

Sky News is reporting Ben Wallace is favourite amongst Tory members.

1 Like

British defence minister Ben Wallace was the favourite among Conservative party members to be the next party leader, the results of a YouGov poll showed on Thursday.

Probably the best of a bad bunch … and he’s my MP … :+1:

1 Like

Don’t think I’ll be disappointed if it’s him seeing he said this:

Wallace, who voted remain in the EU referendum, revealed he would support Brexit if there were another poll. He said the EU should have responded to the Brexit vote by reforming, but instead “ploughed on with greater integration”.

My gut feeling is Jacob Rees Mogg.

1 Like

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-conservative-leader

• Most Popular Bets

• Rishi Sunak (5/1)

• Liz Truss (10/1)

• Penny Mordaunt (13/2)

• Jeremy Hunt (16/1)

• Ben Wallace (6/1)

• Others

Ben Wallace enters the fray at 6/1

Currently drifting to 200/1.

It’s a shame that Lord Frost can’t get the job without first becoming an MP.

He could renounce his peerage and stand for Parliament in the Commons.
He is probably the best option for PM going by previous performance.

1 Like

I know that, I’m just saying that he couldn’t walk into it straight away. Besides, ATM, there are no by-elections coming up in “safe” Tory seats.

1 Like