Aren't you glad now that we left the EU?

Always get Somerset Brie it’s yummy .

1 Like

Personally I still think the United States of Europe is basically a good idea (even though I voted “No” in 1975), it just needs tweaking.

Well, it certainly stands up on the acronym front.

Hi

Interesting posts.

The vast majority of our new Trade Deals have been simply replacing what we had as part of the EU, but on worse terms.

Spare a thought for our thousands of metal workers, as from today the USA has removed the 25% Tariff on EU metals, but kept it on UK Metals.

Things are not as good as Boris is saying.

The US is a false friend .

Or an estranged distant relative!

1 Like

Best thing this country has ever done is leaving the EU. We have never ever been another countries lap dogs doing what we are told without question. Should never have joined in the first place a huge mistake.
I say to anyone who wants to remain in the EU then go over and live under a dictatotship type of ruleing. I prefer the freedom this country still offers even though some decisions I might not like.
We still have the freedom of speech without the risk of being shot or imprisoned. We are among the elite in still having a royal family something nearly all of the EU have got rid of.

2 Likes

Have a disagrement your joking, have you forgotten world war1 and shortly after World War 2? Germany wanted to rule every country and France and Germany still want to. maybe you should open your eyes and see what is really happening. Do you ever see or read about the influence other members of the EU have to say? NO why? because they are not permitted to show they too wish they never joined but prevented from voting leave.
Look at the countries in financial difficulties in the EU and don’t get help from the others
maybe you should read

the first line says it all

Its difficult, one persons Pro is another persons Con, it always has been.

If only we had left ! Then l would be glad !!
But Boris only saved the betrayal till the very last moment ?
Whereas Teresa started ‘U’ turning at the beginning of the
“negotiations”!!
No difference between the two at all !!
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1:

2 Likes

It’s a bit strange that we are not often told about the costs of being in the EU.

We hear about “a billion Euros”, here and there but some may not realise that that is a “trick” statement.

In Europe, a “Billion” is a “Million Million” ( 1 000 000 000 000= european billion (equivalent to a million million)(from what is a billion in the EU - Bing)

Now, who was paying the UK fees?

Yes, the UK Tax payer, of which there are 30.3 million.

So, next time we hear of “we owe 5 billion, for this, 10 billion for that”, we should just share out those billions, over the 30.3 million taxpayers, and ask if we feel we were getting value for money.

2 Likes

Absolutely.
The Americans look after number one.
They only entered the fray in WW2 after the Japs had attacked Hawaii.
They offered only words when we decided to defend our lands in the South Atlantic.
Yet, we are always the first to jump at their beck and call when they want our support, in the ME for example.

1 Like

I fully agree. Had our politicians had any sense, they would have realised the dangers when the EEC began to morph into the EU. These should have been eminently noticeable.

Too late now, sadly, and Boris is determined to lead this country further into disaster with his green policies and his invitations to all and sundry from across the Channel.

1 Like

I can’t knock the Americans for “looking after number one”, I think we should have, and ought to, in future, do a lot more of that.

Maybe, if we hadn’t declared war in 39, we would all be run by the Nazis now, but we don’t know for sure.

Anyway, many Americans can still remember their European Ancestors and might be less likely to wage war if their great grandies were German, Italian, etc, but a lot did die with ours in WW2.

Lest we Forget!

We don’t think “ancestors” so much, as ours are much older, but look at Joe & The Irish?
(Doesn’t he know that a large number of our population are Irish?).

1 Like

The EU is tearing itself apart.

Just yesterday Macron was forced to take down the EU flag on the Arc De Triumph and put the French Flag back up to mark France being the president of the EU.

Cars are burning again…

And in Amsterdam …

The unelected elite sit on their hands and watch.

2 Likes

Clearly, he wants to show his love of the EU, so that he can be “elected” EU Boss, after his own Country chucks him out!

(Elected? HaHa!)

2 Likes

Exactly, Ted knows he is out of a job later this year so is on manoeuvres with his unelected masters to see if he can be one of the chosen rulers.

2 Likes

That would have to be the biggest load of nonsense strung together in one message.

Of course the USA looks after itself first - name a nation that doesn’t.

While the USA initially viewed WW2 as a European squabble from 1941 the USA gave Britain (and other nations) supplies, food and munitions throughout the war. It’s a myth to say Britain stood alone.

Churchill was a treacherous friend to Britain’s allies. The USA could be relied on as an friend Britain could not.

As for the Falklands War the USA supplied Britain with information about the movement and location of Argentinian troops and ships and promised replacement ships if Britain lost major vessels.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1984/03/07/us-aid-to-britain-in-falklands-war-is-detailed/6e50e92e-3f4b-4768-97fb-57b5593994e6/

Oh yes, and thanks for jumping at America’s beck and call in Vietnam.

America was the best friend Britain ever had.

Well, so they should be, once upon a time, a lot of them were once indigenous.

Bruce, all of that wasn’t a big freebie, it was all done on “lease-lend” which we finally finished paying America and Canada for in December 2006. BBC NEWS | UK | UK settles WWII debts to allies

1 Like