Anti-masks - attitude - this sums it all up! FB post

Yes I do worry about you Muddy…
:worried:

@OldGreyFox Wow you’re relating a pandemic to a children’s tale. If you are so distrusting of all the information out there. I guess that with your supreme intellect you possess all the answers that our poor little beady minds can’t possibly fathom. I’m sure you’re going to enlighten us to the truth. All of us blind idiotic zombies, who believe everything we see with our poor lying eyes. I bow to your superiority sir, in having access to information the rest of us are blind to. Where oh where would we be without you to show us the error of our ways. REALLY!

1 Like

I just keep an open mind Danny and not believe everything I see on the news. Err on the side of caution instead Danny and use the force!
:statue_of_liberty:

Do not be so open-minded that your brains fall out.

4 Likes

I count on the news to point out significant facts. I then check those facts through several sources, if the story interest me. I don’t trust news outlets because of their political slants. I prefer and always have to do my own fact checking. I also believe that disseminating un-useful information and any information you can’t back up with facts is highly detrimental and irresponsible.

3 Likes

What brains?
:crazy_face:

1 Like

I’m surprised at you Foxy … I wouldn’t dare post that anywhere where someone had lost a loved one through covid, or had a relative who was hospitalised or suffering from long covid.

4 Likes

@Morticia @Muddy @OldGreyFox If it had just been Zombies instead of COVID there wouldn’t be all this arguing. Just a lot of screaming and running, but no one ever listens to me. No. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

You take your chance and this might happen.

‘Fit and healthy’ mother-of-two, 38, dies from Covid | Daily Mail Online

1 Like

Yes hospital beds are being taken up by both vaccinated and unvaccinated. Yes there are proportionally far more unvaccinated people under 50 (who were probably otherwise healthy) taking up emergency beds because they have contracted covid. Yes there are vaccinated people too but the majority are over 50 and have underlying conditions.

The proportional number of cases, emergency admissions, deaths for vaccinated as a % of total vaccinated, vs the proportional number of unvaccinated for the most recent period available is below

2 Likes

I’ll bet the unvaccinated conspiracy theorists will say this is fake!! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry…

2 Likes

I cannot understand the reason for not getting vaccinated. It can’t be any worse than not being vaccinated and a better chance of not getting c19 virus. It is as simple as that. Ok medical reasons accepted why not, but for anyone else makes me think they are plain scared of the jab . The thought scared me as well but I didn’t want to be grasping for breath then dying through sheer stupidity. Already had one near death health episode in my life recently and certainly don’t want another

2 Likes

According to the NSW Premier 26 out of the 33 covid cases in ICU are unvaccinated.

Because some states require a PCR test before entry the queues at testing sites are massive

Yes, I always wondered how many folks got infected in the queue.

As it shows in the video they are socially distanced in their own car so probably very few if any - There have been vaccination clinics closed because they were close contacts but I don’t recall any Covid testing sites being closed.

In Wollongong yesterday the police had to close streets and divert traffic because of the queues stretching from the testing sites.

Apart from NSW and Victoria people travelling interstate require a PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before their arrival (and often another within 5 days of their arrival) hence the Christmas rush.

Same goes for a Booster, takes two to three weeks apparently for maximum ooomph, so, on that reckoning the rush is futile…

A person could end up with a Double Whammy.

Just seen Doctor Nighat Arif saying the surgical masks worn by NHS staff have been proven to be insufficient and that they should be provided with N95 masks.

But my vented mask was deemed insufficient … I really would like to know which masks is considered the best.

Depends on the situation you find yourself in, if during the course of your day, all you have to do is answer the door to the Amazon Driver, then, any mask is probably sufficient. If the nature of you work takes you into a clinical type situation, it must be tricky to get 100% protection.

1 Like

I prefer these FFP3 folded ones for shopping and in enclosed spaces. Apparently BSI approved. They fit far more snugly than the moulded version and are very comfortable. They do not make you feel like Darth Vadar! I don’t feel they would let much through. I found the moulded vented version uncomfortable and cumbersome. I’ve seen medics wearing similar ones. Not sure whether they are considered suitable if you are in a clinical setting but they do make you feel safe in a supermarket or at a GP surgery. Before being vaccinated I would wear one of these and a visor too when going to the doctor.

from ukmeds.co.uk

1 Like