Anti-masks - attitude - this sums it all up! FB post

Thanks for that link, I’ll take a look. Meantime, I’ve found this: Cloth vs N95: Which coronavirus mask should you wear? | Coronavirus pandemic | Al Jazeera which concludes: “If you are able to access N95 or FFP2 masks, you should wear one, but any face covering at all is better than none.”

Hi

Of course your mask with an exhalation valve was not considered safe, it offers no protection to others from you spreading the virus.

Non valved FFP3 are the safest for short term use, but are not very comfortable.

I wear an FFP2 non valved mask.

The higher grades of mask have to be fitted to your face to get a good seal to achieve their performance claims.

1 Like

I didn’t post the challenge Morty…

Splitting hairs Foxy …splitting hairs.

Morty - Is this the post you’ve been referring to?

@Lindyloo …yes, that’s the one.
Perhaps I’m just been picky. It just seemed a bit flippant to me given the seriousness of the situation.

I don’t think you’re being picky at all Morty - it’s flippant and disgusting! An apology to all members of the forum is overdue!

1 Like

When Nelson gets his eye back…
Finger

1 Like

I wish people wouldn’t do that. I hate it!

The correct method is two fingers - index and middle finger, back of the hand facing the recipient.
We’re British, and proud of it.

3 Likes

One of my Chinese friends says, “When the cat gets horns” which very much appeals to me as an expression.

2 Likes

No you just chose to believe what some unqualified saddo says on the internet .

1 Like

If you say so Muddy…Happy Christmas anyway.
:hugs:

Apparently the two fingers originates from English archers at Agincourt, the birdie from Ancient Greece.

Did Agincourt Archers Really Invent Swearing With A Two-Fingered Salute V-Sign? (forces.net)

1 Like

The other afternoon it was pouring with rain and just getting dark. I was at the pharmacy collecting a prescription and they only allow one person in at a time so everyone else has to stand outside. There were about 10 of us in the driving rain. there was an area immediately outside the door which had a glass cover for shelter. The man in front of me was under it and I was getting rained on. he had a mask on. i asked him if he would move forward so a couple of us could get under too and he said “social distancing!l. I said “but we are outside in the fresh air and we all have masks on. :thinking:

That was a bit picky … and mean spirited.
I try to social distance in the supermarkets now, though not everyone bothers, but outside … in the rain… bah humbug.

2 Likes

You should have taken off your mask and breathed at him!

1 Like

Or grabbed hold of him and thrown him in front of a passing bus.

You should have said “Haven’t you heard, Coronavirus is allergic to the rain! Now move up Buster!”

2 Likes

That seems a little extreme Dex.
Then the bus would run late and everyone would suffer.

4 Likes