That would spoil the fun.

1 Like

I very much doubt that Danny…
:astonished:

Why do you doubt that Foxy .
Danny is in the US and you are not .

1 Like
1 Like

It’s in the odds Muddy…The US is no different to any other part of the world concerning covid 19, and it has been well proved here in the UK that the figures had been purposely over exaggerated, and by a considerable amount too. Only natural when you are trying to sell a product to populus.

Closer to home.

80% here

Of course they are going to say that aren’t they Danny, who would have the vaccine if they allowed you to read the truth.
I can sell you a great car with low mileage and just one careful owner…If you fall for that one.

In other states

Your own news

Yes I believe the world is round! :smiling_imp:

Superstition and conspiracy theories will never replace facts, for those in the right frame of mind.

2 Likes

Ah Danny, but the question is, which one of us is getting the true facts…?
No smoke without fire is what my dear departed granny used to say…
She didn’t die of covid I must add…She smoked herself to death…

What a Doubting Thomas you are Foxy if you had lost someone you loved you would not be so cock sure of yourself .

1 Like

I’ve lost plenty of loved ones close to me Muddy, you don’t have a monopoly of dead loved ones… :coffin:

How many of them have died of covid ?

Mine come from the non-fiction section. :grinning:

1 Like

Or so you think!

Is it a game Muddy? You tell me how many you have lost and I’ll tell you how many I’ve lost…one point for natural causes and two points for a covid related death…You first!

@Muddy I told my neighbor I’m thinking of increasing my social distancing from 6 feet to 6 miles. If I can see you, then your too close. :rofl:

@OldGreyFox Hunting an invisible dragon
In a memorable thought experiment, the astrophysicist and writer Carl Sagan described taking a visitor to see a fire-breathing dragon in his garage. Upon entering, the visitor was surprised to find an empty space – but Sagan replied that he had simply forgotten to mention that the dragon was invisible. The visitor then decides to throw a bag of flour on the floor to trace its outline – only to find out that it will be of no use because the dragon hovers off the ground. When the visitor suggests using an infrared camera, he is told that the dragon’s flames are heatless. There is no way, in other words, to either prove or falsify its existence.

This kind of argument is known as special pleading; you essentially move the goal posts whenever someone asks for evidence to prove your point

1 Like

Nice one Danny, sounds just like the establishments take on the covid scandal…
Here’s one for you…

Two swindlers arrive at the capital city of an emperor who spends lavishly on clothing at the expense of state matters. Posing as weavers, they offer to supply him with magnificent clothes that are invisible to those who are stupid or incompetent. The emperor hires them, and they set up looms and go to work. A succession of officials, and then the emperor himself, visit them to check their progress. Each sees that the looms are empty but pretends otherwise to avoid being thought a fool. Finally, the weavers report that the emperor’s suit is finished. They mime dressing him and he sets off in a procession before the whole city. The townsfolk uncomfortably go along with the pretense, not wanting to appear inept or stupid, until a child blurts out that the emperor is wearing nothing at all. The people then realize that everyone has been fooled. Although startled, the emperor continues the procession, walking more proudly than ever.

Does this sound familiar…Imagine the two swindlers as being Boris and Chris Whitty…

That’s right Danny
You have to wonder about the mind set of people who fall for these conspiracy theories.

1 Like