Anti-masks - attitude - this sums it all up! FB post

Who knows how many relatives etc etc, they have indirectly responsible for the demise of?

I doubt anyone would / could feel responsible for something they are unaware they’ve done!

I really don’t like people invading my personal space and I dislike it even more now .
Keep your distance good people crowding me at the till won’t get you be served any quicker .

3 Likes

Have you had any negative responses when trying to remind people of social distancing? Politely asking someone to step back a bit can result in an angry response! I have no idea why, and I am so tempted to retort, but instead its me who generally moves away :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes but I don’t care anymore I just tell them .

3 Likes

Quite right too! Your personal space and distancing should be respected; if no signs exist to instruct, then telling others has to be the only way.

1 Like

My wife was rebuked a few months ago by a woman who felt she (my wife) was standing a bit too close in a delicatessen. Fair enough, but the woman was particularly rude and aggressive, and I suggested to her that she might want to control her unmasked son who was running around the shop bumping into people and playing with foodstuff. Her reply suggested that she didn’t understand the contradiction between her words and her actions🙄

2 Likes

This is a huge problem with some of the population and all I can add is that the education system has to take some of the blame. I tend to look at the length of arms and scrapes on knuckles :wink::+1:

1 Like

Not sure about other countries but they don’t allow the filtered masks in Spain. A friend had one last year and was told off by a policeman in the street as they had to wear them outdoors as well as indoors. The filtered ones apparently protect you but allow you to breathe your germs out to others.

1 Like

Perhaps she found it hard to control her son and she didn’t want to admit that in public?

This situation is complex and a great many are stressed/anxious without really understanding their own feelings. Things were getting a bit better and brighter but now we have “morOnic” to deal with you can feel the general mood of oppression and gloom in the air.

Excellent! I wear them all the time. Even in bed when I’m asleep so that I can see my dreams better.

I now have at least six face masks; the oldest must be at least two years old. I don’t like to throw things away.

1 Like

On point. I no longer worry, I just take precautions. My console in my car there is a pack of masks and hand sanitizer. I am vaccinated and boosted. Here in the US 99% of people hospitalized are unvaccinated. Governor of Colorado Jared Pollis said “If you get COVID at this point and you are unvaccinated then that is your own fault.”

1 Like

People never nail Statisticians (or Politicians) on the fundamental questions. The Virus has been around for two years, it has been to all four corners of the planet so, how come at this stage of proceedings, two nations of comparable population sizes can have vastly different transmission rates?

So if you get Covid and you ARE vaccinated, whose fault is it then? :rofl:

1 Like

You would have to ask the Governor. :grinning: :grinning:

I suppose whether a nation allows all and sundry in might have a bearing on it.

Could well be, we just need to hear it from someone in authority, then we don’t need to ask again.

My Opinion if at this point I get sick even with my COPD, I believe it would be so mild as to constitute no hospitalization. At this point I personally have no compassion for those unvaccinated by choice. Sorry, but after 58 years living one thing is obvious to me is that inaction is an action. If you see a train coming and refuse to get off the tracks!! Will being vaccinated guarantee you won’t get sick, no. Will not being vaccinated guarantee you will get sick, most likely yes. Real question here is how far are you willing to play at life like roulette? That’s a question only each individual can answer, but I stand by your decision 100% whichever way you go.

This is my main worry about those going around without any vaccination protection.
I’m convinced my wife and I caught C-19 late February '20 in our main hospital from a packed medical imaging waiting room. By the following day we were feeling somewhat ‘off’ although nothing to worry about, but 5 days later my wife was stuck in bed and I was way way below my usual self. I gave up trying to get through to NHS 111 and my GP so we had no choice but to cope unaided. Fortunately, I do own an oxygen concentrator and other respiratory aids, so we coped and made it through unaided. Tests later down the line around the time the C-19 vaccine was being rolled out, both of us tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies which proved we had been exposed to and contracted C-19. Since then our doc told us that many people have caught C-19 without being originally tested, so nobody knows the true figures for infections.

Now if they invented a mask to go on the other end farts may not stink.