Anne Widdecombe says don't make cheese sandwiches if you can't afford the ingredients

She hasn’t got a political career Maree she retired 13 years ago .
She lives alone on Dartmoor I hardly think she is supporting chumocracy

2 Likes

You are familiar with her bank account then ?

But she just Rejoined Reform U.K. and said they are the best alternative to Rishi Sunak?

Perhaps she’s planning on being a come-back kid and is say controversial things to get publicity for herself and Reform U.K.?

It has put her back in the limelight, hasn’t it?

Indeed I am.

However, I can only disclose common knowledge:

Widdecombe was paid hundreds of thousands of pounds for going on Big Brother last year, she is a hoarder who hates waste and still wears clothes she bought 30 years ago.

She lives in a a five-bedroom bungalow in Devon. It has three quarters of an acre of land attached to it and a £70,000 swimming pool in the garden. She bought it in 2008 for £600,000.

Her father, James Murray Widdecombe CB OBE, was Head of Naval Supplies & Transport, Ministry of Defence.

As of February 2023, Widdecome’s net worth is $5 million (approximately £4.1 million), according to All Famous Birthday.

Just a question can anyone here NOT afford a cheese sandwich ?
Omah obviously you can so why not go out and distribute cheese sandwiches to the starving ?

I was brought up poor even though my dad worked full time , overtime you name it .
We had a tiny block of cheese that lasted all week .
( I hated cheese as a child so had none of it )
Of course we were not allowed to eat between meals ( grazing ) unless it was an apple .
We always asked permission first .
My mother never went out a bought vast loads of stuff from a supermarket .
She had a little box which had divisions ( rent gas etc )
Amazing they brought up three children in this way .

1 Like

Great to see Anne Widdecombe winding up all the right people.

Well done Anne.

2 Likes

Plenty of cheese in a McDonalds sandwich. Not much shortage of poor people getting food from there, especially delivered by another poor person on a motorbike who they summon up with their latest smart phone and pay by credit card.

2 Likes

I had an idea she lived in the south west, but for some reason I thought she lived in “Cheddar” :laughing:

2 Likes

Alcohol, drugs, iphone, tattoos, cost a fair amount of money, if you can afford them that’s ok.

OTOH:

Keeping the business cronies happy

MPs slam UK business department over Covid loans fraud

MPs have slammed Britain’s business department for huge losses on two Covid-19 support schemes, delays in compensating victims of the Post Office software scandal and “inaccuracies” in the Companies House register.

The House of Commons’ public accounts committee on Wednesday noted that the scale of fraud and error in two pandemic assistance programmes in just one year was £2.2bn.

These were on “coronavirus grant funding” given to local councils to support small and medium businesses in England during lockdown, and the “bounceback” loans made to struggling businesses.

The government believes it could end up losing £4.5bn of taxpayers’ money through the £47bn bounceback loan scheme (BBLS) alone.

The estimate excludes the billions of pounds lost on support administered by other departments during the pandemic, such as the “furlough” job retention programme run by the Treasury.

The MPs concluded that the business department’s “lack of curiosity” about the bounceback scheme increased the risk of losses for taxpayers.

The MPs also said the business department had handed out £25bn of Covid-19 business support grants through local authorities, of which £985mn out of the first tranche of £11.7bn were made “in error”.

Meg Hillier, Labour MP and the committee’s chair, said: “At a time of financial crisis the department for business has lost billions of taxpayers’ desperately needed funds.

The Tory government spending money like water.

Nearly £15bn wasted on Covid PPE, says UK spending watchdog

The UK health department was forced to write down £14.9bn worth of personal protective equipment and other medical items, according to a report by the independent public spending watchdog, which also issued a scathing criticism of the UK Health Security Agency.

The National Audit Office on Thursday said the department for health and social care did not complete an “effective programme of year-end stock counts” to assess the quality and quantity of coronavirus-related items, such as lateral flow tests.

During the last two financial years, the DHSC reported nearly £15bn of write down costs associated with PPE and other health items. The department estimated that the continuing cost of storage and disposal of excess and unusable equipment stands at £319mn.

The watchdog found a “lack of adequate governance, oversight and control” at the UKHSA. It noted that because of a “lack of sufficient, appropriate audit evidence and significant shortcomings in financial control” the NAO was unable to provide an audit opinion on the 2021-22 accounts of the agency.

UKHSA was established in April 2021 and became operational in October that year, with the aim of building on the work of Public Health England and NHS Test and Trace.

“Even taking into account the challenging context, it is unacceptable that UKHSA has not been able to produce auditable accounts and provide the transparency and assurance that parliament needs,” Gareth Davies, head of the NAO said.

The opposition Labour party accused the government of financial “carelessness”, with shadow health secretary Wes Streeting arguing that the Conservatives can “never again claim to be the careful stewards of the public finances”.

Ah! now I get it. You don’t like her politics Maree…
:nerd_face:

1 Like

But not as famous Omah, and you were not invited to appear on ‘I’m a celebrity’
But we all love you on here…
:hugs:

I’m almost reluctant to say this but I agree to a point.
As for Ann you can keep her!

Bad vibes man … not good :cheese:

I’ve always thought of her as a sort of third rate Thatcher.

1 Like

Who probably arrived in this country illegally.

1 Like

Hope you rated her accordingly on “Check a Trade” :smiley:

I really, really don’t like her politics :rofl:

But I also think lack of empathy and thinking the peasants have a damn cheek to expect a cheese butty goes hand in hand with belonging to the Rabid Right :scream:

2 Likes

do you put mayo and mustard in before you toast?

1 Like

The mustard goes inside with the gammon and cheese.

The mayo goes on the outside of the bread. Trick is that it gives you better toasting results than butter. Your toastie gets Golden Brown, crunchy and tasty.:yum::yum::yum:

1 Like