Anne Widdecombe says don't make cheese sandwiches if you can't afford the ingredients

Didn’t she OK the shackling of pregnant prisoners “in case they ran away” :grinning:
Compassionate sort.

2 Likes

She is not like that at all ,

2 Likes

The iphone discussion is interesting. The government is doing all it can to force people to use smartphones. No wonder they can’t afford to eat. If you don’t have a smartphone you really struggle in today’s society doing the most basic tasks.

As for satellite dishes we all know that those companies offer ridiculously low price deals to suck people in, then hike prices up 18 months later. When these people were setting systems up food was cheap, TVs were cheap, everyone had far more money and poundland meant exactly that.

The current mess was caused by a combination of Truss & Brexit. Tories do what they are best at - blame the poor for all ills in society.

As for Anne, I think she likes to say controversial things to keep herself in the money.

3 Likes

I wonder why you think that ?
She’s slightly eccentric what’s wrong with that ?

2 Likes

Yes on pre natal visits to hospitals .
The being because is that they DO run away while on these appointments.
A hospital is not a prison , if they don’t want to be shackled don’t commit crimes .

2 Likes

So what ?
You are allowed to change churches
Prisoners should be shackled when outside of prisons they do run away .
She is not against gays was for the decriminalisation of homosexuals
Her remarks re golliwogs were perfectly ok she said people had fond memories of childhood toys the beloved golly and stamps on jam jars .
The woman was probably was self indulgent and entitled

2 Likes

Why isn’t there a chain gang in the Palace of Westminster then?

5 Likes

Do you want violent offenders running around loose in a hospital ?
Murderers , baby killers .
There are you know .

She is a sensible woman loves animals and is dead against fox hunting .
She is a humanitarian and does a lot for good causes just doesn’t make a song and dance about it
Supports charities for children in need , animals and is a member of Britain against vivisection .
Has a sense of humour
Was practically the only MP a from both parties not to fiddle her expenses which wer anyway practically the lowest in the house .

Yes she does support the death sentence for certain heinous crimes .

What not to like ?

5 Likes

She’s not a boot licker at all
She was one of the most outspoken MPs in the house

4 Likes

I would too .
She might be a bit mad though just like anyone else crazy enough to go on big brother

1 Like

I know plenty of people with the latest smart phones that reckon they can hardly afford to eat.

Plenty on benefits that get more than those on minimum wage too

Funny thing is the people on minimum wage seem to manage money a lot better.

1 Like

No they are not myths Maree, I delivered the post to some of the most deprived areas in South Yorkshire. I saw with my own eyes the dishes on the walls and the 52" TV’s. Most were wearing big brands clothes…Nike, Adidas etc. There were teaspoons in every garden from drug use, and I was shoving giro’s through their doors.

4 Likes

I was with you up to this point Annie. It’s got very little to do with brexit, and everything to do with Net Zero and rubbish governments of any colour.

1 Like

Widdecombe’s Way (1996):

Secretly filmed footage, broadcast on Channel 4, showed a Holloway prisoner, named only as Annette, shackled to warders only an hour after giving birth. Witnesses said she had been restrained when she was having contractions.

Including some nurses.

What is Anne’s stance on Cheese? this seems to have been forgotten.

1 Like

Not by me it hasn’t

Thanks Maree, there seems to have been some divergence.

Indeed she did:

Ahead of the Celebrity Big Brother final, it’s been revealed that Ann Widdecombe has had her own secret bathroom during the entire series and we had no idea! The revelation comes as Ann takes on Jess, Shane J, Wayne and Shane L in the CBB final tonight and has made us question what else has been edited out of the show.

It’s reported that the separate bathroom was part of Ann’s contract before she signed up to take part in the show and now we know they caved in to her demands.

Speaking to a tabloid recently, one TV insider explained, “Ann’s ultimate nightmare was being seen in any state of undress on TV. She told the producers she did not want to be filmed in the nude or taking showers and baths so they let her have her way." They went on to add, “The funny thing is we are pretty sure viewers wouldn’t have wanted to see her in the buff anyway.”

I’m pretty sure, too … :scream:

1 Like