Anne Widdecombe says don't make cheese sandwiches if you can't afford the ingredients

What’s wrong with that ?

Wicked as well as mad then? :rage:

Bet she can afford a cheese butty!

2 Likes

But it says a lot about the our country if our poor can’t even afford a cheese butty

While the wealthy stuff their faces with luxuries and we indulge in spectacles like the Coronation and our disgraced ex PM buys a 3.8 million mansion

2 Likes

But they can afford a sky dish, and a 52" TV…I delivered the post to most of them on benefits.

7 Likes

After reading the interview imo AW is some what out of touch …
Food prices has risen in some cases 100%

However I strongly believe you should live within your means wherever possible.
Some people will always need help.

1 Like

Is this the run up to the next election and trying to cancel out and rubbish the Reform party? They have to use these underhand tactics or Sunak and Starmer will be out of a job.

2 Likes

Rubbish! anecdotal urban myths spread by those who don’t want to face what is really happening in our country

5 Likes

Why not set up your own company and make it really successful so you earn millions and millions a year and employ hundreds of people instead of asking those that have for even more handouts ?

Prioritising is what Anne Widdecombe means, cheese sandwiches is just an example. Budget planning is what we have always done. Separate needs and wants from income and bills. Loans can help but only if you fully understand how much you will pay overall with the interest.

There was nobody to help out if we got into any financial difficulties.

4 Likes

Precisely, if you can’t afford cheese then you should stick to bread and nettles … :+1:

… and if you can’t afford bread then you should use some of your dock leaf toilet wipes … :leaves:

1 Like

Yum! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ve always thought Ann Widdecombe was a sandwich short of a picnic :wink: - especially since she started branching out into playing parts in television programmes - she used to come across as a right oddball - and she seemed very keen to tell poor people how they should make ends meet, although she doesn’t seem to have any personal experience of living in long term poverty herself.
She hasn’t been an MP for over a decade now and she lost her last elected role as an MEP, so I don’t need to be interested in her forthright opinions anymore.
As far as I’m concerned, she can dance off into retirement - or stick to acting “Strictly” on those TV Competition Shows she likes to get involved in. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I quite like.Ann Widdecombe…she speaks her mind and although I don’t always agree with her I wish other politicians would do the same and say it as it is. I’m glad to live in a country that provides for those less well off…the problem is that many people claim to be when they aren’t.

It’s great to be able to speak your mind but so sad that when you do people take delight in twisting what was said to suit their own political agenda.

6 Likes

Only this morning i passed someone who was begging for money,he had a dog,a mobile phone and what looked like NEW adidas trainers on.
I bet he can afford a cheese sandwich on the back of those giving him handouts.
Some of these people make a living out of begging.

2 Likes

This is nonsense. If you know anyone who is struggling then you’ll know they don’t buy the latest phones but instead buy smaller/cheaper/older ones.

The problems isn’t and never has been those on the lowest rung of the ladder, it’s the despicable, disgusting greedy billionaires and their ilk and boot lickers (like Widdecombe) who are a scourge on humanity and this planet!

4 Likes

Just don’t confuse the dock leaves with the nettles as far as the wipes are concerned…ouch!

Hallo Ann …move over Bear Grylls :wink:

3 Likes

Widdecombe’s Cheese Platter:

1 Like

Anne Widdecombe is a good person someone of principle .

3 Likes

So long as your principal’s favour the rich…

3 Likes

I think she’s deranged or has some sort of serious mental health issue - she’s not all there imo, a very odd/weird person.

4 Likes