An unusual experience today at the cafe

Yes, that is correct.

just looked myself at your original start and there is no three dots on mine so probably just is there for the original poster and can no doubt be disable or abled by admin. If you do have legitimate concern about the thread deviating or becoming morose I would suggest talking to admin - they still have this whole forum in full control believe me!!

So none of your original posts first post have the three dots, bringing up the trashcan?

There is a trash can but only admin have permission to use it.

that’s the answer!!

It’s a forum, why would you want to close it? the discussion has ebbed and flowed in different directions. You can always bring it back on the track at any time by posting something that serves that purpose, merely complaining does nothing.

1 Like

Mentioning fanny farts and dogging et al is unacceptable on my posts.

You can flag them as being “off topic” if you feel they are unacceptable in your thread. They will be removed if the Admin agrees with you. There is also a “Strictly on Topic” tag which awakens the bots that you can use if you feel the thread needs it.

But beware, it can kill a thread.

1 Like

But beware, it can kill a thread.

The thread has run it’s course but I am not one to flag posts.
Hopefully crassness will not be a part of my threads in future posts.

How are we to know what you consider crass?

The stuff you got upset about seemed quite inoffensive to me.

1 Like

The thread was about an event in a coffee shop. How do we go from that to dogging and fanny farts

What stranger would say that ? You introduced a hint of a sexual element into it so you should expect others to respond similarly.

3 Likes

in most cases I’ve noticed that approx 50% of threaders don’t respond cos they’ve seen it /heard it all before and the other 50% respond for fun or out of boredom or as a prodder??

2 Likes

nothing is really yours on here ; you are merely a participant -all privileges can be removed at any time by admin - this is an illusionary world in which we game!! however we sorta all need each other for different or sometimes similar reasons!

2 Likes

I was sat in a local cafe a few months back which was uncrowded and early morn. A table away sat an attractive woman reading wot looked like a letter and supping her coffee infrequently. She looked up at me once and smiled weakly and I took a chance! - "Hi I said hope it’s sorta good news for you pointing my head at her letter…???

1 Like

Forget bourgeois Cafes bret, get down the Pub if yer want to pull a real Bird :icon_wink:

2 Likes

typical pommie attitude!!!

1 Like

So what made you want to strike up a conversation Bret?

1 Like

she replied in a faltering tone "my boyfriend is doing seismic research in the south pacific isles and his return to oz has been delayed by at least another 5mths - I just don’t know what to do? - it was then that I decided to move in…!!! Without any more hesitation I picked up my cofee and moved in for the kill!!!..

1 Like

I had the same thing happen to me. 10 years ago. Cleared my bank account out.

2 Likes