Am l Being Petty, But Is William And Kate’s Visit To The Caribbean, Inappropriate At This Present Time?

I take it you and your ilk prefer to kiss their royal derrières .:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I gaze in awe from beneath their Colossus legs.

1 Like

I’m talking about who personally cares about the shape of her bum or colour of dress she wore.

1 Like

Oh. My reply to Artangel was a play on the pronunciation of Botox and I really don’t give a flying fig about Kate’s bottom nor what she wears.

That’s quite a leap …how d’you figure that one out?

1 Like

Okay! :woman_shrugging:

If the Russians hadn’t killed off their own Royal family then history would have been entirely different.

How? …

Rise of communist Russia wouldn’t have happened, no Stalin, no expansion post WW2, no Cold War, no collapse of USSR, no Putin, ergo no war now.

1 Like

Further up the question was asked what is this tour all about and what is the expected outcome . I wonder just how much its cost us taxpayers

1 Like

Hmm … but on the other hand as Queen Victoria was Tsarina Alexandra’s grandmother you might have expected, somewhere along the line, for one of our royals to one day marry a Russian ‘cousin’ as they do … and so the British Empire and Russian Empire, dynastically linked, might eventually be seen as a threat to the USA, imagine all those Commonwealth allies as a bulwark too … and what of the formation of the EU then ?

No Brexit needed … and we might all be speaking Russian as our second language.
We’d just be hanging onto the Ruskie’s petticoats and the Russians, instead of being weakened by the Revolution and communism (as it hasn’t seemed to work as well for them as for China) instead, they might have been a force to be reckoned with way before Putin first sucked on his dummy.

1 Like

I have never been a fan of the royals but I was starting to warm a little bit to some of the younger royals. Then we had all that stuff with Harry and Meghan and now Wills and Kate having a ball overseas and yes, I do think it is inappropriate. We are all having to tighten our belts as prices of everything goes up, there’s a war in Ukraine and there they are dancing around in the Caribbean.

Kate must have such a massive wardrobe that it is quite obscene that she is wearing brand new clothes costing many thousands every time she steps out.

5 Likes

I saw this same clip on TV, and had the same thought. Now is not the time for a trip such as this, it could have been done another time.

1 Like

So if there wasn’t the war in the Ukraine which is obviously causing much hardship in many ways then it would have been fine for the trip to have happened?

I won’t comment on your question. I was responding to Artie’s observation, as she asked if we agree. I do.

1 Like

Seems a reasonable question for me to ask though. What else should be postponed at present? All TV shows with people laughing and enjoying themselves? All sporting events which will involve people wasting their time possibly in a professional capacity and getting highly paid for it? Should the Baftas gave been postponed because that had a room of very wealthy people wearing glitzy outfits applauding themselves? etc. Just how much normal but arguably frivolous feel good things should be cancelled or put off because of the current unpleasantness going on and people becoming increasingly skint? Because, one way or another, we the general public will be paying for them to go ahead.

1 Like

The less said about the BAFTAs the better they are a waste of space at the best of time .
Loads of appallingly dressed , up themselves z listers. Does anyone actually watch them !

Only in the eyes of the royal brown nosers who have all the sensitivity and perception of a brick .

Whatever it cost it was too much . What sort of world do people inhabit who think other countries will go ga ga over two over privileged persons who are connected to a 95 year old cosseted old lady in the U.K. The days of the Empire are dead .

1 Like

You don’t say .