Am l Being Petty, But Is William And Kate’s Visit To The Caribbean, Inappropriate At This Present Time?

I can’t watch William and Kate, dressed in their expensive finery whilst dancing the night away.
It just seems wrong somehow and inappropriate at this present time.

People dying in the Ukraine, or struggling to leave the country with absolutely nothing.
The people in the places they are visiting are poor as mice, whilst Kate dances away in expensive dresses.

Meanwhile, back at home we are being clobbered by rising prices, whether, or not we can afford to heat our homes, eat, or drive anywhere.

I have never thought like this before and have always supported the Royal Family but at the moment l feel they are taking the mickey.

Do you agree, or am l overreacting?

7 Likes

I totally agree Art to me it is extremely inappropriate ( so was that red dress not exactly right for the jungle ) I find the whole things rather patronising and embarrassing anyway .even if the world was not in dire straits at this time .The Mayan people objected to the visit . Mayans are very small impoverished people how can they possibly relate to two tall white multimillionaires on a jolly .Meanwhile the British press are being so sycophantic it’s sickening . People are struggling here every way you turn prices are up services down and these two are rollicking around in the Caribbean . Bad move .
PS I lived two years in Belize so I know it quite well it’s an amazing country .

3 Likes

Oh I’ve enjoyed watching it, I think it’s great to see something bring a smile to our faces in these sad times.

I loved it when the woman turned to greet William saying, your royal highness and then turned to Kate and said, Mrs royal highness lol

3 Likes

wendeey, l am sorry but that sounds very servile to me.
It’s like the peasants begging and bowing to the ‘elite’.

4 Likes

It doesn’t bring a smile to my face .
People are dying in Eastern Europe people here are seriously struggling with the rising cost of living it will take more than a couple of over privileged millionaires cavorting with the locals to make them smile .
The Mayan people ie the people who historically own the land were furious and one part of the tour was cancelled because of it . The Garafuna people who also make up the population of Belize are decedents of escapee slaves . Most are the Caribbean islands want one thing out of the British that is reparations for slavery ( the royal family did pretty well out of the slave trade )
What exactly is this tour supposed to achieve ?
The age of kowtowing to monarchy is past .

5 Likes

I enjoyed it too. The lady dancing with William was having such fun.
I’m biased though as I love William and Kate. It doesn’t seem inappropriate to me…the world can’t and won’t stop with things going on in other parts of the world. I’m on a break away having fun and a wonderful time but if I wasn’t it wouldn’t stop the atrocities in Ukraine.

3 Likes

The British taxpayer is paying for this jolly ,money that it could be better spent elsewhere .
.Most of the Caribbean is leaning away from allegiance to the Queen and couldn’t care less about the Platinum Jubilee .They are no longer a group of grinning natives waving the flag that time is gone .
They want independence and they want reparations .

1 Like

LQ, So you don’t mind financing their holiday?
So you’re in the Caribbean too?

Yes of course I’m in the carribean, im.filthy rich too dontcha know.

1 Like

Any pics with your tiara in place? Ha!

ca9c3a1884687446a937e2168301a220

7 Likes

How l laughed! :laughing:

2 Likes

No comment

1 Like

I look very beautiful dont I…say yes orvi might eat you liddle devil you haha

1 Like

I don’t love Will and Kate
I don’t dislike them they are inoffensive as royals go but this is just nonsense especially at this time and I am surprised ( should I be surprised ) that the government sanctioned such a trip .
It’s a slap in the face for just about everyone .
The Caribbean people feel patronised and insulted , the ordinary Brit is facing a grim cold future with fuel prices skyrocketing and people in Ukraine are dying . This tour is insensitive and tactless in the extreme I can’t think what ever possessed anyone ( apart for the deluded royals ) to think it was a good idea .

6 Likes

I don’t think these rather patronising Royal tours work as well any more. There was a protest about them parking their helicopter

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/william-and-kate-dance-with-villagers-in-belize-putting-early-tour-protest-behind-them-12571800

And more to come in Jamaica

https://metro.co.uk/2022/03/22/beenie-man-says-jamaica-dont-want-prince-william-amid-slavery-protests-16318277/amp/

In all fairness the tour would have been arranged before the war in Ukraine but times change and I think they need to re-think if these rather old fashioned Royal colonial type tours, dancing with the ‘natives’, really fit in with the modern world

And that dress! £2500 and definitely a bit curtain like! She’d just been learning about surviving in the jungle too

3 Likes

Spot on Maree.

1 Like

…and we paid for Kate’s Botox treatment!

1 Like

What has she had done to her buttocks?

2 Likes

This just doesn’t look good at all .

1 Like