All the good things remaining in UK?

Dismal. One of my student summer jobs was working for the local council. I had days cutting and tidying country church yards. I even had one day as a grave digger - in a closed grave yard (don’t ask). So it is simply reflective of the 12 years of austerity cuts that the UK now looks like an uncared for country.

@swimfeeders ," french government own their own electricity company"
Dont they also own ours ??
Will they give us a rebate ??
:frowning::frowning:

I quite like the natural look of a graveyard .
Our local churchyard is a site of scientific interest and is left for six weeks each year after the snowdrops flower with the result that the entire churchyard is now filled with snowdrops .

I looked at the pic and had a similar opinion. There’s plenty of places where I am that the council used to cut, but now leave it for the wild flowers to grow and have even put up placards with the names of the wildflowers on them. It looks really pretty.

1 Like

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/stonehenge/

https://shakespeares-england.co.uk/

1 Like

The list is very long!
Let’s start with the Brits themselves with their fabulous sense of humour and creativity and the ‘’ live and let live’’ attitude. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
The only population in Europe driving on the left side of the road and counting in ounces and pounds. :wink: ( That has to do with a little bit of eccentricity :wink:which makes them all the more exotic and special.
The most charming accent in the world.
Let’s not forget the Beattles, Bee Gees and all UK groups that have been delighting us for decades!
The wonderful Pubs with Fish and Chips, lager, delicious meat pies and Sunday Roast.
UK chips , chocolate bars and Tea.
How about tea and scones or crumpets?
The bobbies, the red telephone boots, the London Taxi and the Royals make the UK a unique place plus it is outside the European Union so makes it all the more exotic and unique. :grin:
Oh and I nearly forgot UK horses and bovines are beautiful and very special.

Mei you forgot Slade :smiley: and of course this:

I did not forget I just knew nothing about these. :sweat_smile:

But I also like these
River Dance

Mei I love them too, but they’re from The Republic of Ireland (Southern Ireland), so not from the UK lol and I hear that when they’ve finished dancing they go off for a pint of Guinness lol

(if they were from Northern Ireland they would have been from the UK though).

1 Like

Steve Brey and Mick Lynch

1 Like

Kenny Everett

Morecambe and Wise

1 Like

Lorna Doone Valley

And not far from there, Watersmeet and Lynton and Lynmouth;

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Sorry I was nor aware of that.
I saw them twice but had not realised that they were from Southern Ireland.

1 Like

Wow that is so beautiful. :grinning:

‘All the good things remaining in the UK’?
oK… I take it what You really mean by the ‘uk’
is England?

I’ll go along with that !

1 Like

Mei it really is as I’ve said before we’re so lucky to live in such a beautiful country. I loved watching the biking race once that goes all around the country and it’s then you realise how lovely it is.

1 Like

As each and every location shared has been in England it does seem that some have become confused over the difference between UK and England. And glancing back, there also seems to have been little mention of great things unique to parts of the UK that are not English.
So I’ll rectify that with good things remaining in UK beyond England:

• Scottish country dance ceilidh
  • highland castles
  • square sausage slices
  • soda bread
  • the right to roam (sorry, not in Wales)
2 Likes