All the good things remaining in UK?

Wasn’t t even half a glass

1 Like

Hi

Sorry, I misread the post I thought that was the price of the meal and wine together

1 Like

English sense of humour.

1 Like

British sense of humour!
Hogmanay.
Cardiff Bar Mill
Hope Cement Works

And others.

Being allowed to have a sense of humour… just!

Thanks but be re-assured that France is going to get the energy price hikes as well. Always something to look forward to…

You sound like you’re in the know. Whose getting cheap fuel?

I know the feeling. A couple of years ago I was back in Dundee visiting relatives. We went to a local restaurant and incredibly the house white was from a wine domaine just 5 kilometres from where I live here in France. A nice dry white btw.
But it was £6 for a small glass. I buy a bottle from the producer for 5 euro.

1 Like

Hi

Yes France is but much lower rises than the UK because the Government own the electric company.

Cheese. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

the heating costs must be enormous.

1 Like

having travelled in and across many countries i consider this green and pleasant land the safest one to settle in. very little sand to clog your kit either.

1 Like

Churches aren’t used as much for their intended purpose these days. From what I remember as a child, they were always freezing anyway :cold_face:

2 Likes

at least churches over here are safe to use. some places of worship in my home land have bomb shelters underneath. i sleep well here with only bills to worry about :wink:

2 Likes

when I was a kid there was a lot of "front step chattering /female version. looking back it was a comfort and a sign that someone was watching the ‘street safety’ and having a little gossip too which spread the word around?

Quite right too, no dozing off during the sermon!

3 Likes

Too right!! The last thing anyone wants is a bit of subliminal learning to take place!!

Best to stay awake and alert to make 100% sure you’re not listening. :wink:

2 Likes

Or looking!!

2 Likes

uncut graveyards??