All the good things remaining in UK?

Not all of them I hope!

2 Likes

Haha! I meant houses, not rising from the dead! :joy:

1 Like

I have heard that even the older churches are being used by say ‘tramps’ ‘travellers’ ’ the homeless in common’ anyone that needs shelter from the wintery nights and stormy days? now this could be a whole essay and a half in its own space and time!

You heard wrong Churches are locked up now
Perhaps at Christmas but I doubt it . churches are not suitable for homeless people no facilities and homeless people (often drug addicts left unsupervised can be dangerous as well as causing untold damage to the building
Travellers live in caravans .

This is a thing of the past now Gumbud, I’m afraid…churches aren’t the altruistic protectors they once were. There’s one by me who have put up a barrier on their doorstep to prevent homeless people from sleeping there.

Times have changed Churches lock up at night because of burglary and vandalism .

The trouble is Pixie sleeping is not the only thing they do .
Homeless people use the street as a bathroom and someone has to clean it up.

1 Like

True, yes…and if they have drug issues, its their paraphernalia too.

Jamaican Ginger Cake, Chicken Tikka Masala, Spaghetti Bolognese, Chicken Chow Mein.

1 Like

So much for god then.

Arlington Row

https://www.bibury.com/arlington-row/

I was about to ask if this was the place where tourists were up in arms about a bright yellow car belonging to one of the residents, which was parked outside and spoiling their photos. I just looked at the link and found that indeed it was. That was such a funny story!

I was thinking the same .
It’s not far from where I live and is usually full of Chinese tourists .

1 Like

How very British. Give them a clap.

1 Like

That really made me laugh. Can I add burgers, pizzas, thai green curry and swedish meatballs?
And then note that the UK has long been open to foods, people and ideas from other countries. That is part of the great of Great Britain.

2 Likes

Including the numerals on our clocks.

1 Like

I stand corrected Strathmore… no idea where I got the incorrect info … might have been Twitter, just shows I should check facts before repeating,

I would hope and pray that was for the bottle, not the glass ! :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like