All the good things remaining in UK?

May what about Portmerion in Wales:

https://portmeirion.wales/

Excellent choice and beautiful.

Aye,itā€™s affy niceā€¦but Iā€™ve only ever been in Wales once in My Life so donā€™t really know much about it,
:grin:

Wales has half as many sheep again than Scotland but its a quarter of the size. Thereā€™s a statistic rarely shared. But surely something that is good in the UK, perhaps?

2 Likes

Heh heh,Iā€™m so glad You passed that bit of really interesting information on,
:laughing:

1 Like

Where else would you get such magnificant ā€œwildlifeā€ but in Scotland :smiley:

Or scenery

3 Likes

Cornish Pasties

2 Likes

Deep fried Mars bars

As created first in the Bervie Chipper, Stonehaven. A culinary landmark.

1 Like

Have you tried one? I must say, I havenā€™t been brave enough yet, but according to someā€¦its very nice. Just the once though! :smiley:

fish and chips wiā€™ bits on

1 Like

That country gave us Billy Connolly a good musician composer and comedian. that to me is a recommendation of the highest order and a Scotsman to be proud of. a pity he had to retire aboard for the heat due to his health problems :frowning_face:

1 Like

I never really liked him (too much swearing) but yes it was fun to see him just walking along the streets of Scotland like a regular person. Very down to earth and humble. Itā€™s a terrible shame about his Parkinsonā€™s disease, but his wife is taking good care of him.

1 Like

I notice Pixie or Strathmore didnā€™t mention these:

1 Like

Or this:

1 Like

1 Like

Or Nessy

2 Likes

Saveloy and chipsā€¦the tang of salt and vinegar :drooling_face:

I didnā€™t even know the Bay City Rollers were Scottish :astonished: Bit before my time. Rod Stewart is justā€¦ermā€¦well, not my taste but yes, I should have said. :joy:

Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep and Solely Solely.
Thereā€™s a couple of long forgotten Scottish pop songs.
Cheesy but wonderful!

1 Like