Acts of Kindness in this world

Well acts of kindness are just that, kind and caring, and when somebody gives you help that changes your path of life…with me saving my life.
…how can you not feel so privileged…it is the person that has made your life different…the person for goodness sake…all this twaddle of God and Jesus.
…it is us, each individual that shows care… the ones helping each other in acts of kindness…they are us, the caring folks…

2 Likes

Kindness is its own reward

2 Likes

No I think they lived a good life, but the afterlife they believe is strange…well it is to me…We have buried people in our garden’s here, thanks to Religion…the bones we find, perhaps they did not require them in there afterlives…

Wow that really did hit the spot Meg - you must have been one brave soul?

1 Like

Buddists DO have a heaven they just call it by a different name - it’s called Nirvana - In the Buddhist world view it is more important to be kind than to be right. buddhist kindness

Every Single. Day :heavy_heart_exclamation:

and not talking about it too much is another reward! [I am not referring to this thread!] but like we used to say in da 'pool lah - if we haven’t got anyone to talk to we talk to lamp posts - that’s why there are so many loving lamp posts - or woz till they killed them all [i wonder where they all went to?] but I digress where where we " all we need is lurv" s poor old JL once sang - did it help him though?

If that’s the case for you, great, but personally I would like to encourage more people to talk about it.

I’ve really enjoyed hearing some of the stories in this thread, whether the person has been a receiver of an act of kindness, or someone who took time out to help or make someone’s day. If we had more people like that in this world, instead of the less-kind mean-spirited folk, the world would certainly be a better place and humanity might actually have a chance of surviving.

So, once again, big love to the kind, decent folk around :hugs: and not so much for the meanies :019: :lol:

2 Likes

well yes and no - yes we are discussing it rather like a uni debate perhaps or a research group writing a paper or a discussion in a high school class OMG how I wish i was back there!!

but NO i am definitely with Pauline on this one ‘to God be the glory’ and to the Buddhist philosophy - the act itself is sufficient glory no need for salutations! However to each his own - what ever makes ya toast crumble or warms the cockles of ya heart.

the hypothesis “talking about your acts of kindness makes them even kinder” or the null hypothesis " taking about your acts of kindness will make them decrease at the least and…"

I think I’m being very kind to the rest of the forum by keeping out of a lot of the threads

2 Likes

not now you’ve mentioned it ya not - lost one karmic point Pauline - no just joking ya a lovely person but lets consider the 12th law of karma This particular aspect of Karma emphasizes that any contribution you make will affect your environment, no matter how small or large it is. Whenever you help and show loving commitment to the world, your actions might inspire similar positive behavior from others and draw more positive energy into your life.

Hi gumbud, are you talking to me, or Psmth?, because you quoted his post?

Now you should know me by now, I seldom stay out of any threads, :joy:…apart from politics…they don’t interest me,:blush:

oh my that’s strange well I was reply to you but probably because you were part of Psmith quote of something =- I’m still trying to find my way around this blessed site!!

1 Like

Just met a new neighbour who lives a few doors up from me, we got talking because of his beautiful red setter dog,…he was telling me he had 3 cars, I told him I don’t have a car, but can drive…

He offered to take me shopping…how kind was that…:grin:

Are you sure he’s not a taxi driver? :102:

@Harbal … does that mean you’d never offer
anyone a lift unless you were hoping to charge them?

No, but I’m not a taxi driver.

I reckon your mercenary streak would mean you charged them … taxi driver or not.

No it wouldn’t, because my can’t be bothered to give them a lift streak would kick in first.

I’ve got a lift and kindness story.
My mate had a white Mini and kindly stopped to give me a lift.I got in and sat down without looking but it wasn’t him.It was someone else in a white Mini stopping to ask directions.Luckily it wasn’t a woman,so no screams.

2 Likes