Acts of Kindness in this world

Any act of kindness that I show or do…comes from the spirit of God…as I have surrendered to him in that area…True Love brings out the best in a person…I’ve come to understanding what that means.

So if I do / show any acts of kindness…then my Father in Heaven is glorified…not me as I am nothing without him.

That’s my only way of explaining it to you,:pray:

All the working of the Holy Spirit in the heart of a believer.:pray:

My “own” personal belief.

well I’m rather disappointed that an act of kindness couldn’t be performed to the people of Afghanistan at the moment as the Taliban bears down upon the whole country again. I was so hoping against all odds the combined forces of USA ; CA ; UK ; OZ and NZ and any others may have been able to help this poor devastated country which was slowly rising out of oppression and become more liberated and democratic.

3 Likes

I give more credit to acts of kindness that come from a spirit of humanity and altruism that lies within the person performing them. Where no reward from God is expected in payment for them. Doing good for its own sake is surely more rewarding than doing it to please some external, abstract source of moral authority.

6 Likes

As I said, I have done just that. So, why are you ignoring me??

2 Likes

Yes, I can see you are a very caring and helpful neighbour, it’s lovely to see.:+1:

1 Like

Well, thank you for that…)

1 Like

We’ve been on the receiving end of so much kindness only this week. Offers of help, cards and flowers in abundance its been very humbling. You realise how much kindness we have around us when we are in times of trouble and strife. I play pop now and then about life and people but really for the most part it’s amazing.

When I know of people needing help I do my best to be there both physically and emotionally

I believe what we give out comes back to us.

3 Likes

I have received some lovely acts of kindness :slightly_smiling_face:

When I was 15, a South African lady I worked with returning from on a trip to London told me there was a gift for me in the pocket of her car.
Expecting chocolates I went to the car and found a tiny Miniature Schnauzer puppy wrapped in a blanket and fast asleep :astonished:. I almost died of Joy…

When living in Somerset, someone used to leave bags of freshly grown vegetables on my doorstep early in the morning, I never did discover who it was.

When living in Dorset, the kind ‘lady of the manor’ who allowed me to rent a disused cottage on her estate with my tiny baby until I was able to sort out my disintegrating life used to bring me huge trout served on a plater of leaves caught in the local river.

Three acts of kindness I will never forget, the first changed the path of my life completely.
I have tried to replicate them when possible :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

It’s a gift to those on the receiving end :003:

Also, I think this is a lovely thread, had Pauline not posted it we wouldn’t have got to hear about some of the lovely stories people have shared - and that can be inspirational for others. Just look at what Meg, said, a single act of kindness changed the path of her life forever - such is the power of human kindness …and we need more of it in the world not less - and threads like this, and the stories contained within them, will, I’m sure, be inspiring for others and hopefully, maybe even future generations too :orange_heart:

3 Likes

I don’t hapen to think that’s how kindness should be thought of. :102:

1 Like

The mother that the pensioner helped on my bus travels, those two girls were watching everything that came about, hopefully it will be something that they remember as they grow into adults , also there mother was a really kind and caring person, she even offered to transfer the money of £14 into his account…but we said no, …I gave him the £10 note that I had in my purse, so he paid the four pounds.
Edit to add he paid for her bus fare on his card, I then gave him the £10 note.

1 Like

Yes, Pauline, I’m sure God heard you the first time you mentioned it. :icon_rolleyes:

Begs the question as to whom the act of kindness benefits.

For me, it’s seems the naturally “right thing to do”.
For other’s they receive the proceeds of the act.

But I don’t buy into the god given gift. Too much implied guilt for failing to do one’s human “duty” for the benefits and saving of one’s soul. Lacks altruism.

how is this for an act of kindness. I’ve just received a message from me friend who is also a neighbour with a lottery ticket attached to it, she said she reckons we have had enough bad luck and needs some good luck so she hopes it’s a winner for us! Isn’t that thoughtful, now just for the numbers to come up!

what a lovely surprise for me, it caused a smile upon my face.

Watch this space

3 Likes

That is lovely…LQ…:heartpulse:

1 Like

Call me pessimistic, but if you win big LQ, I suspect her thoughts of kindness might float out of the window!!

1 Like

LMAO, there you go again making me laugh Dexy. Nah, seriously though, she would give me some of that win, or lets say she better had hehe

1 Like

Keep that message she sent you @LionQueen Might prove mightily useful in court!!

2 Likes

Jesus thought the same - when you do a good deed do not let you left hand know what your right is doing ( or something like that ) Matthew 6.3

Buddhist monks never thank you for a kindness as they think it may lesson your heavenly reward .

1 Like

I didn’t think Buddhists believed in heaven. Are Buddhists the ones who think we keep coming back in different lives until we get it right, and then finally work our way up to some sort of spirit world? Anyway, you are right: I’ve never been thanked by a Buddhist monk. :001: