Acts of Kindness in this world

I think acts of kindness are very important , do you?

Have you ever been on the receiving end of one?

Have you ever shown an act of kindness?..

2 Likes

Yes! I flew back from Aussie in 1961 completely broke! I hitched from Auckland on my way to Palmerston Nth, where my mum and dad lived. A guy picked me up and took me about half way but he had to turn off and it was about 9pm and he insisted that he give me a ÂŁ20 note to say at a hotel to continue the next day. I was never able to pay him back for his kindness, so I have been passing it on ever since.

9 Likes

Excellent, loved reading that ciderman,:heartpulse:

2 Likes

I think/ being kind to people is a gift and very much a lovely act of kindness, which comes from the heart of a person,:heartpulse:

3 Likes

[quote=“Ciderman, post:2, topic:80635”]
Yes! I flew back from Aussie in 1961 completely broke! I hitched from Auckland on my way to Palmerston Nth, where my mum and dad lived. A guy picked me up and took me about half way but he had to turn off and it was about 9pm and he insisted that he give me a ÂŁ20 note to say at a hotel to continue the next day. I was never able to pay him back for his kindness, so I have been passing it on ever since

My BH had a similar experience when she was young.She was hitch hiking from Alice Springs and an old couple picked here up.She was with them for over two hours and when they dropped her off she thanked them and asked them were going.They said back to Alice.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I skipped off school once, just to see what it was like. I was wandering around town, in pouring rain, and a policemen came over to see what I was up to. He gave me a pound to go get a bacon roll, and had me promise to go back to school in the afternoon. I didn’t bunk off school again, it was so boring!

4 Likes

I’d like to think so…often just simple things like taking the neighbour’s bins out.
Then there is lady with the little dog. She isn’t able to get around so we walk her dog every day.
Just the usual things you do for friends and neighbours.

3 Likes

I think it poor taste to talk about your own acts of kindness. Just perform them, but don’t mention them.

4 Likes

It’s not a gift, it is simply what ordinary, decent folks do for each other. Why make it into something mushy and mawkish?

3 Likes

I have a lovely next door neighbour, I’ve been visiting my son every few week lately, she takes my bin in for me when I’m away, keeps an eye on my gate as well.

I like to show my appreciation by buying 4 Pims ( cans of drink) each fortnight she does it, I don’t like to take her for granted, so a little appreciation goes a long way I believe.:pray:

1 Like

It’s given me great pleasure and restored my faith in mankind (and womankind) just reading these acts of kindness Harbal, and I must admit to a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat… :cry:
I guess I’m just a big old softy… :hamster: :fox_face: :orangutan:

2 Likes

There was a nice act of kindness on my bus travels yesterday, a young girl got on with her two daughters, every time she went to swipe her phone on the pay meter , it kept declining it, so this lovely pensioner said he would pay for her return journey, £14 it cost him, somehow I insisted he took the £10 spare note I had in my purse,…she was so overwhelmed she started to cry…it would have have completely ruined her daughters day, if they weren’t able to visit the mums sister, what a lovely happy family they were.

She also told me she was bringing them up to understand how important acts of kindness are…:pray::heartpulse:

2 Likes

On the other side of that. My neighbour drove me to hospital - I was admitted there seriously ill for a few months. While I was there my neighbour and his wife were very helpful and making sure that my dear wife needed anything.

Wonder why you seem to be ignoring me Pauline3?

1 Like

Have said it before. Acts of kindness happen all over the place, 24/7. They should be considered the desirable norm and not have to be commented on as unusual events.

6 Likes

Not to me they don’t Dex… :017: Are people trying to tell me something?.. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Every day, on here for example, people post supportive comments. You’ve had some.

Members don’t have to, but they go out of their way to make the effort to say something nice, perhaps even google a piccie of flowers or a card to post.

All these things are acts of kindness and add to the positivity pot… Small ones, maybe, but they happen extremely frequently. You might not even recognise that you’re performing an act of kindness, since it is “the norm”. But you are.

11 Likes

Good post Dex,and I agree wholeheartedly…I’m even gonna give Ye a like
:wink:

3 Likes

From my perspective, not all of society can show acts of kindness, because they may not have received it or taught it growing up, so therefore alien to some…

For me, a true act of kindness is sincere and genuine, you can’t fake it, it comes from within a person…it’s at the heart of their very being.

1 Like

And it shouldn’t be something you go bragging about on internet forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe. Not entirely convinced that there’s anyone around who has never shown any form of act of kindness whatsoever.

Not aimed at you, but those who seem to do “nice” things for their own glorification, seeking praise and adulation etc, are missing something in their own make-ups.