Abandoned Victorian country home that's still full of furniture and original features is now for sale

Wandering down a quiet country lane, peppered with the occasional period property and flanked by rolling fields and hills on the horizon, you stumble upon this magnificent late Victorian house, and it’s impressive right from the start.

The land is a great start, offering not just the chance of extending the main house if required into the vast garden, but the opportunity for the introduction of livestock or establishment of equestrian facilities; or both.

There’s a farmyard, an orchard, a paddock and pastureland that adds up to approximately 17 acres and multiple options.

• If I had the money, I totally would! :derelict_house:
3 Likes

Me too, Pixie, wouldn’t it make a wonderful venue for Crafting??

2 Likes

Whoa - never thought of that! Imagine the workshops we could build! The crafting sessions…oh my word…right lets get a kitty going. We only need about £800,000…:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

All need is a win on the premium bonds and I would restore it to its former glory :icon_cool:

1 Like

I rather suspect the house is rotten through and through with both wet and dry rot, penetrating and rising damp, etc. It will need a total rewire, replumbing, probably replastering as well as redecorating, etc and a shedload or 2 of money to accomplish all the work.

2 Likes

Well Percy, get some money in the kitty and it can be a shared venture for us all…:joy:

Spoil sport!

I was thinking that , stick on a new roof and ancient drains and naff gas and electric services, assuming it is main drains and not septic tank… you can stick about quarter of a million onto the asking price for a genuine, sympathetic renovation and you’ve a 1m price tag at the end.
Not a good investment.

Let’s see how much Ernie gives me next week. :wink:

Should have replied to Pixie not Silver Tabby.

1 Like

Needs tearing down and a complete rebuild.

We can dream, Morty, we can dream!

1 Like

That’s alright Percy…its in writing now so your word is your honour. :+1:

1 Like

Is it? :scream: :scream: Oh, bugger. :lol:

1 Like

Yep…if you don’t follow through I’ll be hauling you off to Judge Rinder!

Now I’m really frit.

1 Like

If money was no object … I’d much rather buy a castle.

Like one of these …

2 Likes

Me too Pix …wow what a discovery :sparkling_heart::+1:

2 Likes

Well…if you are talking about money being no object…I would go the whole hog and buy an island off the Med, that had a castle on it! :joy:

1 Like

Tarmac is your friend.