A warning to dog walkers

No @Donkeyman because dog poo is toxic to the environment. It’s because dogs & cats are meat eaters. Animals like horses and cows - their poo is ok (mostly) because they eat grass. People use their manure, as we know, for fertilizers. You can’t do that with dog poo.

@Besoeker , " Do l have a dog" ?
Not any more as l couldnt do a dog justice anymore !
But l have owned several, ( seven together at one time) !
So you can see l should be quite experienced in dealing with their by
products !!
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

@PixieKnuckles , Humans are meat eaters too pixie, ( or are meant to be🙄)
Our poo goes down the loo, hopefully ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

@Donkeyman You try eating dog food, licking your bum, and eating old bones and stuff which seagulls drop. Oh, go and drink from some puddles as well. :joy: Not to mention the resident gut bacteria which lives inside dogs all of their lives.

We are not dogs. Our poo is suited for our loo. Dog poo is suited to be disposed of chemically.

Have you tipped a poo bag down the loo? Was the resulting poo bag messy after that?

Here ya go folks. This is what the water company for my area say.
There is more if you click on their link:

1 Like

Well that should settle it for the Donkey Man…

I’ve got one like that too, Muddy. But I clip mine on my belt, not the dog lead, as I reckon it would probably the youngest if it was bobbing about near her body.

Dogs can carry all sorts of parasites .
This is why people should pick up dog poo in fields .
A dog may carry Neospora which causes abortion in cattle and once infected the cow is infected for life .

1 Like

Do bears have a flushable toilet in the woods? :wink:

Dog poo goes to landfill I have just ordered compostable dog poo bags from Amazon which are better for the environment than regular plastic .

It all goes in the general waste & into landfill. Nobody is able to separate the poo or other waste products. I meant disposable nappies as not sure whether anyone still uses terries. Also applies to sanitary towels and adult incontinence pads.

It seems that wet toilet paper wipes can be flushed, but not baby wipes. You’d think they would make baby wipes from the same stuff.

Those wipes are not really disposable they are a prime cause of those horrible fat bergs .

They sell these in Sainsburys you can no longer buy the regular plastic ones in some supermarkets. Asda still do them.

the toilet wipes? It says on the pack they are flushable.

Yes, you’re right, it does say that Annie, but I had a blocked sewer about a month ago, and the water company told me they are NOT flushable, and they should NOT be putting this on the packets.
Daft isn’t it.
You’d think they should have to get the labelling right, wouldn’t you.

1 Like

Here ya go, just found this bit of info:

In your home.

Flushed wipes will eventually gather in your pipes which will stop your toilet from flushing correctly, potentially resulting in sewage backing up into your home through your toilet. If the blockage occurs on a section of pipe you are responsible for, it can leave you with an expensive mess to get fixed."

And . . .

Did you know that 75% of drain blockages are caused by people flushing wet wipes down the toilet? Most wet wipes are non-biodegradable and insoluble which means when they are flushed they don’t disintegrate and instead start to clog up your drains.

1 Like

If they have this logo they are ok

https://www.water.org.uk/policy-topics/managing-sewage-and-drainage/fine-to-flush/

Well you’d have to argue that one out with the water officials then Annie.
I can only go by what they told me when they came out to sort my shared drains out.

1 Like

@ Muddy, quite so, that is why dog poo should be disposed of down the loo
or be burned !!
As burning is out of fashion that leaves only the loo ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking: