A Divided Britain

That is so sad, there has been a loss of community spirit. Given how the world is evolving, it’s clear that we need to question digitally-induced insularity, come out of the dark, pixel-glowing corners of our homes. And. Just. Interact. The future of humanity depends on it.

2 Likes

There are far to many very different communities with very different values, aims, and ambitious now each competing for the biggest slice of the cake and preferably the whole cake.

2 Likes

now the queen has passed away so have the victorian ideas of respect the queen held dear. The new generation of royals have been bought up so differently and no doubt will cause the breakup of what we have got to expect. It has already started with Harry and Megan and won’t stop there.

On Saturday afternoon William and Harry, who have had a strained relationship of late with both having alluded to being on “different paths”, were joined by their wives Kate and Meghan at Windsor Castle on Saturday afternoon.

They viewed the mountain of floral tributes outside the castle and walked in relative silence as they read the tributes from mourners.

They then turned to greet the crowds, with hand-shakes, smiles and hugs. Though the couples greeted the public from separate ends, the symbolism of the act was significant.

It showed William and Harry united in sorrow, willing to abandon familial disputes in honour of their beloved “Granny”.

The gesture is understood to have been the Prince of Wales’s idea, who ran the last-minute invitation past the King before formally asking the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to attend.

Harry and Meghan graciously accepted, which delayed the walkabout by about 45 minutes as the couple got ready to step out with the Waleses.

But the delay was worth it, with members of the public delighted to see both couples out together again – years after the ‘Fab Four’ moniker first came about.

By stepping out together, the Royal Family is shown to be putting on a united front and taking steps to heal the rift that was much-loathed by the previous head of the family, the Queen.

Hi

The UK has always been divided and so has England.

England is very specifically divided between the hard working, hard nosed people who grew up in Yorkshire and those down south. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I can resonate with that!

A more accurate description would be:
Before Brexit it was the Brexiteers who were disgruntled even while the country enjoyed the economic growth that being part of the EU had given the UK, now it’s the Remainers who are disgruntled because as predicted the Brexit we have been given is damaging the economy and hurting everyone.

3 Likes

It’s like the tough calloused Viking North, against the namby-pamby, soft-handed Saxon South all over again.

2 Likes

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy to believe so.

5 Likes

The evidence is all there. It was impossible to leave the single market and the customs union without badly hitting UK exports. That is not rocket science or made up.
So, rather, you can keep denying facts if it makes you happy.

4 Likes

@strathmore , But the growth you speak of was an Illusion!
Since j !!oining the EU, the Uk’s trade with the ‘bloc’ has been
steadily declining !
We were in fact subsidising our EU membership with income
from elsewhere !!
For what ?? :frowning::frowning:
Ditto, the facts !

1 Like

Explain in numbers please

1 Like

@strathmore , l will leave you to do that, l am pissed off explaining to
rabid remaoiners the error of their ways !! :frowning::frowning:

3 Likes

I really don’t know how to put all this down, I made a covenant with Her Majesty the Queen,
I have been released from that covenant by her death. I see nothing or anyone in the Firm that I can pledge alliance to.
Like most people I have enough to worry about just surviving, and getting by, paying the bills, putting food on the table, my grandkids education, health issues, pickpockets, street yobs, drug dealers, not getting burgled, stabbed, ripped off by banks, insurance company’s, big business, scammers and con men, and generally mugged off by local and central government, to worry about a mega rich family, and totally out of touch bunch of a 1000 years of inbred social parasites. ( Who have no real inkling of the real world outside their own elite fully protected, solvent, care free, little bubble) And all this because the King had a temper tantrum live on air about some bloody pens that were in his way!
….and breathe…

6 Likes

I think it’s essential for us to keep to the subject - Meghan Markle is one beautiful piece of Lady! Whoa, yeah! :innocent:

1 Like

@Vlad, Wow!! wot brought that on ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

The bloody temper tantrum by the King when there was a pen holder in his way during the signing, the anger on his face, he couldn’t move it or even attempt to hand it to someone, he looked like he was snarling at someone about it.
Pissed me off…sorry for the rant :grinning:

2 Likes

I agree with you…he gave that awkward grimace at the…“Royal Desk Organiser”, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt in that he was stressed over the whole day’s events. I do hope he doesn’t pull faces at everyone though…

@PixieKnuckles , Vlad,. Oooooer! I must ave mssed that??
Maybe because somehow or other l contrived to miss 90%:of the whole
overblown coverage ?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I love him all the more …

2 Likes