2022 Winter Fuel Payment

Thanks Boot, that’s very helpful!

If it’s protected in the event of them going bust I think I will leave it for now and just reduce my payment - I don’t fancy sending them a meter reading because the last one they had was at the end of the summer when I wasn’t using it much :lol:

We changed our way of paying, my OH refused to build up credit so as our money is sitting in their bank account earning interest for them. We now pay monthly for what we use only, we send in a reading every month and they take for what we’ve used only. Much cheaper and the money earns interest for us not them.

1 Like

I tell you what is odd … I pay monthly. I too send a reading in very month only to just discover that my 1st generation smart meter has reactivated.

They’ve done a remote upgrade.
Sneaky or clever or what?

@Azz you may find you have to ring to get a refund, I think better in my account than theirs

1 Like

No one forces you to build up credit . You can apply for it refunding into your bank account.

I know that.

Warm Home Discount confirmation letters beginning to drop through letterboxes of those found eligible by the Government and Energy Companies working together this year because of them receiving the Guaranteed Element of Pension Credit .
The previous £140 has increased to £150 this year and will be applied to energy bills by 31st March 2023.

I have a key meter, so I received a token in the post…took it down to the post office, they stamped it and charged up my key, the next one is now due, a great help that has been.

2 Likes

I think with whats happening with Smart meters is Sneaky ,

1 Like

We got £500. Letters came last week. I am considering giving my half to a charity close to my heart as we really don’t need it. OH doesn’t give to charity. :wink:There must be thousands of people in the same position.

1 Like

To date not received the Winter payment, but expect to any day now.

Ive read somewhere its next Wednesday its being paid, i cannot find the story

I don’t think I have seen anybody on here say they are happy to be receiving their Winter Fuel Allowance (£500 in our case) plus now another £300 on top. I think it’s very generous and then aren’t the energy companies giving us another £60+ per month?

I hope now that people are using this money for heating their homes and not buying Xmas presents, bingo, fags or booze.

I can’t see how any OAP can complain that they can’t afford to heat their homes so I hope we all have a warm winter.

I got mine today.

Had letters a while ago and noticed husband’s has gone into the account today. He is a “B” in the alphabet and I am an “L” so it shouldn’t be long. It was a bit offset by finding out they have raised the direct debits on the gas and electric - ah well!!

What do you mean by he’s a B you’re an L ?
Last of Nat .Ins number ?
In which case I ought to have been paid already :grinning: but I haven’t :slightly_frowning_face:

Me neither.

My Winter Fuel Allowance was paid into the bank yesterday.

Gratefully received. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just got my one.

First letter of my name is T

mine went in yesterday