2022 Winter Fuel Payment

I received my notification today for this year’s Winter Fuel payment.

I have received £300 which includes extra money from the Government to help with the cost of living. This extra money is known as a “Pensioner Cost of Living Payment” and it will only be paid for winter 2022.

Every little helps!

2 Likes

I got my one a couple of days ago. £350 for me. My wife usually gets a separate payment but this will probably be for both of us.

1 Like

Not got my one yet but a couple of weeks ago got a letter off pensions saying I was to get an extra 25p a week.

1 Like

Not heard anything yet, usually it’s the first week in October I get a letter.

Winter Fuel Payment

How much you’ll get

How much you get depends on your circumstances during the qualifying week. The qualifying week for winter 2022 to 2023 is 19 to 25 September 2022.

The amounts in these tables includes a ‘Pensioner Cost of Living Payment’. This is between £150 and £300. You’ll only get this extra amount in winter 2022 to 2023.

Any money you get is tax-free and will not affect your other benefits.

Born between 26 September 1942 and 25 September 1956 Born on or before 25 September 1942
You qualify and live alone (or none of the people you live with qualify) £500 £600
You qualify and live with someone under 80 who also qualifies £250 £350
You qualify and live with someone 80 or over who also qualifies £250 £300
You qualify, live in a care home and do not get certain benefits £250 £300

If you get certain benefits

Your payment may be different if you or your partner gets one of the following benefits:

• Pension Credit
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Income Support
Born between 26 September 1942 and 25 September 1956 Born on or before 25 September 1942
You qualify, get one of the benefits and live alone (or none of the people you live with qualify) £500 £600
You qualify and live with a partner who qualifies, and either of you gets one of the benefits £500 - only one of you will get the payment £600 - only one of you will get the payment
You qualify and live with someone (not your partner) who qualifies, and either of you gets one of the benefits £500 - you’ll both get the payment £600 - you’ll both get the payment
You qualify, live in a care home and get one of the benefits Nil Nil

When you’ll get paid

Most payments will be made automatically in November or December.

You’ll get a letter telling you how much you’ll get.

If you do not get a letter or the money is not paid into your account by 13 January 2023, contact the Winter Fuel Payment Centre.

All benefits, pensions and allowances will be paid into an account, such as a bank account.

If you do not think you have been paid, you should check your account before contacting the Winter Fuel Payment Centre

4 Likes

I got word yesterday that it was on its way…

Thank goodness its a - so far - mild Autumn.

Our mum is getting the £600 thank goodness. Do we know when it will be paid yet? (hope this hits the bank before another u-turn by hapless administration)

Most payments will be made automatically in November or December, Annie…

1 Like

Not heard anything yet, I don’t usually get mine till December. I guess it is done alphabetical and I am some way down the list .

I heard from the electricity company that the monthly payments are starting.

I have hardly had the heating on yet.

1 Like

Mr Mags received his letter this morning notifying him he will also receive £300. £600 will be a big help for us.

I haven’t turned the heating on at all yet, trying to last out until November.

2 Likes

I have received mine & it’s 600.

Not turned my c/heating on yet either, Mags.

1 Like

I am towards the end of the alphabet, so l don’t get my heating allowance until December usually.
I have just got a puppy and l have been putting my heating on for him!

1 Like

Aww! :hugs:

2 Likes

Ah … most people are buying electric blankets to keep warm. I like it!

2 Likes

I don’t know where you live not to have had any heating on .
My central thermostat rules when mine comes on in the flat which is ground floor with three outside walls and it’s been coming on during the night too.

1 Like

I live in Bristol, Zuleika and it is still quite mild here.

At present my weather station is showing 21°C indoors.

Only turned mine on for two days when I had the flu jab felt a bit rough and felt the cold badly. Have the covid jab next week.
The Government everyone payments started in October at least with British Gas - Just waiting for Mr Sunak to come back in and turn it into a loan again.

I am not sure what this comment means - It was Rishi Sunak who brought in the £400 rebate on everyone’s energy bill - as far as I am aware, he introduced this rebate as a non-repayable discount, not as a “loan”

I thought at the time it was a loan, not a grant … payable back by the household at the rate of 50 quid for 4 years?

Found it …
Originally a £200 loan
Upgraded to a £400 grant.

I don’t trust him as far as I could throw him.

1 Like