2022 Winter Fuel Payment

Once again .

2 Likes

@susan_m Hi Susan, see Zulekas post , I guess it will be lumped together £200 + £300 =£500 to send it separately would incur more admin costs.

1 Like

Art you’re upsetting me ! That figure of 14 is beyond reasonable ,and yes according to Age Concern you’re going to be a victim of hypothermia ! Why are you doing this ?
My heating engineer told me when I used to go abroad in winter to always leave my thermostat at 16 so in case we had bad conditions the flat would get some heat .

1 Like

Just the same . No need to apply for it . He got a letter from the Council saying it would be deducted from his current CT bill .

1 Like

Each Council was left to make their own arrangements to pay the £150 Council Tax Rebate, so not all Councils did it the same way.
The Gov website explained that some people may have to make a claim.
Everyone should have been paid it by now.

How the money will be paid

If you pay by Direct Debit, most councils will pay the £150 directly into your bank account.

If you do not pay your Council Tax bill by Direct Debit, you may need to make a claim. If you have not been told how to do this, contact your local council.

Some councils will credit your Council Tax account or give you vouchers.

1 Like

Spot on Boot.

The operative word being “may” ? Yes ,I’d forgotten that bit . Then there’s Warm Home Discount ? But no need to apply for that this winter ?

Zuleika, l am so sorry that my predicament was upsetting you. I admit, at first l was too scared to put the heating on but since they’ve reduced my monthly payment of £197 by £66, l have been putting the heating on for a short time and wrap myself in a heated velour throw.
I honestly, only have a state pension of £183 a week, to live on. I do have some savings but l didn’t want to spend it in case l needed big repairs done to my house, a new mower and even my funeral costs.
People will say, why don’t you sell your house and downsize but l love my home and l am so happy here.
I will be getting the £500 heating allowance soon, l didn’t realise we were getting that much until l saw this thread. That will help me so much for my heating costs.

3 Likes

So you have pence too much (£183 ) income per week preventing you from claiming Pension Credit ? Is that correct ? *

Your income

When you apply for Pension Credit your income is calculated. If you have a partner, your income is calculated together.

Pension Credit tops up:

• your weekly income to £182.60 if you’re single
  • your joint weekly income to £278.70 if you have a partner

If your income is higher, you might still be eligible for Pension Credit if you have a disability, you care for someone, you have savings or you have housing costs.

I can see you must have a struggle there.
Those fleeces are very warm arn’t they ?
Don’t know what heating system you have but I’ve never understood the reasoning behind running it to take the chill off . Same as I don’t understand why some let their hot water get stone cold .

1 Like

Got my letter today.

1 Like

I got mine too

Got my letter today.

£500

Mine arrived today too - £500.

I noticed a payment of £66 in my account today! I guess those of us who are not pensioners will get this every month rather than a lump sum?

Also does this sound right to you… If I am only using £61 worth of electric and £62 worth of gas, why are they taking £185 out every month!? No wonder I am £910 in credit!!

Well you shan’t have to worry about putting your heating on over winter.
How they justify a DD like that though when you’ve that much credit seems criminal.

1 Like

I tried to change it via their system but it wouldn’t let me go lower than £185. I even emailed them asking them to refund my credit but never heard back! :icon_rolleyes:

What worries me is if they go bust! Will I lose it all?

I’d much rather spend it on other things, you know, like food! :lol:

Well we can all come around if you bung your heating on and have a wild wild party lasting over Christmas to New Year.

ps. If you were of a nervous disposition you might feel tempted to change your supplier just so they had to settle up with you. It is a large amount for them to ‘hold’ on your behalf.

1 Like

I’ve just checked again and this time they let me change the DD to £120. The total credit is now actually over a thousand! It’s criminal how they are allowed to do this :confused: tho maybe it’s because my last reading was at the end of summer, and I was hardly in over the summer since we had nice weather.

Sure, just bring a bottle, or two :lol:

You’re on … Tell me your address … where and when.

1 Like

You will not lose your credit balance if a supplier goes bust.
Ofgem’s safety net will protect your supply and any credit balance you have with the supplier which went bust.
That happened to my sister and her credit balance was transferred to the new supplier nominated by OFGEM.
I often build up a credit balance because I go away a lot and if I’m not here to send in meter readings, their estimated readings are based on previous readings when I am at home.
The supplier should refund overpayments when requested, if you submit current meter readings.
My energy supplier only re-adjusts my DDR once a year or when the price cap changes but they quickly refunded me £500 of the £600 Credit which had built up over the Summer months while I was away - they told me they are entitled to keep enough to cover a month’s DDR amount.

If I had nearly a thousand pounds credit, I’d be contacting them again to ask for most of it back!

1 Like