Your favourite classical music tracks

There is a thread somewhere but I can’t find it.It was started a long time ago probably before the baroque.

Vaughan Williams

2 Likes

Williams, Delius, Elgar, nailed it at the time.

1 Like

Try this one Mr Smith…

Thankyou :slight_smile:

I think adagio is the best speed for classical music.

Being I am of a certain origin, this composition from Arvo Part hits special spots no other music can. It was used as the theme to a TV series about the holocaust and therefore very important to me.

I agree Mr Smith, although this composer has always been one of my favourites…

Not unlike the Vaughn Williams on your first post…

Duettino Sull’aria Le nozze di Figaro

“I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don’t want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can’t be expressed into words, and makes your heart ache because of it.”

A very nice piece LongDriver, and in keeping with the mood of this thread…My Easter Monday has started like no other…:023: Thank you…

i

Reds soliloquy from the Shawshank Redemption. According to my classical muso son the two women are hatching a plot to deceive their husbands.

What, together keezoy?..:shock:

Que?..

Talking about the Marriage of Figaro

We’ve talked about it before but Dove Sono is the saddest most heart rending piece of music ever - brings me to tears every time.

Not quite right.

Figaro had promised his wife he wouldn’t invoke the ancient law of breaking in the bride of any of his serfs’ before the wedding.

However, he really had the hots for the bride, who happened to be his wife’s personal maid and planned to tup her at the first opportunity.

The wife got wind of Figaro’s intention and together with the maid plotted a scenario that would leave Figaro, high, dry and very embarrassed in front of his wife.

The aria is that plan unfolding.

Yes that’s closer to what my son said. I got it wrong. Didn’t listen…my bad :frowning:

I think I would take more of an interest in opera if I could understand the story…:017:

It’s like that Shakespeare chappie, he talks in riddles all of the time, but makes some very interesting points…:surprised:

:042:

I think the stories in operas are mostly ridiculous and prefer to listen not in English.As long as I’ve got the general idea of what’s going on the music is enough for me.

I wonder if anyone like me remembers “The Esso sign means happy motoring” when they first hear this?

I haven’t heard much Delius yet.Williams was more English than Elgar I think.Despite his patriotic stuff he was more in the Germanic style.Very pleasant though.